Published by José Manuel Bernal, October 27th 2010
We are happy to announce that we just released Panda Cloud Antivirus version 1.3.
This new version of Panda Cloud Antivirus has been made possible thanks to our large community of users and specially to our Support Forum Trusted Mods who have helped a lot of users and gathered enough feedback to incorporate major improvements as well as many different bug fixes. All new features have been included in both the Free and Pro Edition.
If you have Panda Cloud Antivirus 1.1.0, 1.1.1 or 1.1.2, you will get the upgrade automatically and transparently.
If you don’t have Panda Cloud Antivirus installed yet you can download it from www.cloudantivirus.com
What’s new at the latest Cloud Antivirus version?
The new Cloud AV version includes:
- Malicious Web & URL Filtering. This feature blocks websites that push malware, exploits and drive-by downloads. It is available both in Free and in Pro Editions and is installed by the toolbar. Unlike similar solutions, this web filtering works at a low level so it works under all browsers: Internet Explorer, Firefox, Chrome, Safari, etc.For those of you that didn’t install the toolbar but would like to install the Web & URL Filtering, you can download it from here and install it manually.
- Unified Recycle Bin and Quarantine. Previously the Recycle Bin handled suspicious detections and the Quarantine handled deleted malware detections. This has been unified into a new Recycle Bin for ease of management. This is included in both Free and Pro Editions.
- Automatic and transparent upgrades to new product versions, previously only available in the Pro Edition, this is now available in the Free Edition as well. All users of Free Editions versions 1.1.0, 1.1.1 and 1.1.2 will automatically and transparently upgrade to the new 1.3. See notes below for the upgrade schedule.
- No more nagging advertising. After listening to many of you we have decided to turn off the nagging advertising popups prompting to upgrade to Pro Edition. If you want to support Panda Cloud Antivirus and wish to get the Pro Edition, you can do so from here, but we won’t bug you anymore from the popups.
- Hot updating of behavioural blocking rules. In order to increase protection on the fly against new vulnerabilities and attacks and to fix false positives, hot updating of behavioural blocking rules allows faster response time in both the Free and Pro Editions.
- Immediate notifications of virus detections. Previously if Panda Cloud Antivirus encountered multiple viruses, it would delay its traybar notification and show them grouped. This behaviour has been changed so that the notifications are shown immediately.
- Suspicious detection counter. Under the statistics window there’s some new counters for the different types of heuristics and behavioural detections.
- New versioning format. Unified versioning format in GUI and other parts of the program.
- Many bugfixes as reported by users in our support forum:
- Fixed issue with Windows 7 Start menu slow-down.
- Fixed Panda traybar icon disappearing.
- Fixed “you are not connected to the Internet” message when there is connection.
- Fixed issue when Free Edition users can activate behavioural analysis.
- Fixed slow-down and conflicts while playing Allods Online and AION.
- Fixed cloud-response time configuration which defaults to 30 seconds.
- Fixed constant accesses to the floppy disk drive.
- Fixed BSOD issue after install.
- Fixed bug while exporting an empty report to TXT/CSV.
- Fixed Conficker detection.
- Fixed BSOD while compressing malicious PDFs.
- Fixed translation errors.
Panda Cloud Antivirus version free and Panda Cloud Antivirus version paid
The basic version will remain free, and those who wants to buy superior version with more features and tech support can pay for the Pro one for 29,95.
I’d like to encourage anybody who needs help to contact me or any other moderator through our support forum. I am sure we can be of great help to answer any questions you might have.
You will have a whole support team available to you, including the following moderators: intrepid44, Shadowman, swejuggalo, Ibrad09, GoneToPlaid, budee and kilps. Also, I’d like to take this opportunity to thank them all for their great job.
Take part in the forum and tell us your opinion!
Note: More information in Panda Cloud Antivirus Blog