Upgrade to PCOP 7.70 failed on 30%

Find the answers to Adaptive Defense and Endpoint Protection queries in this forum. The experts will help you out!
perbauer

Upgrade to PCOP 7.70 failed on 30%

Post by perbauer »

Out of the 200 computers i have on PCOP about 60 have had some sort of problem getting the upgrade to 7.70. Most of them are stuck at "Waiting restart" (restarting of course does nothing). Some I have been able to fix using PSinfo.exe but most I will need to run the uninstaller (twice or even sometimes a third time) to get rid of 7.50 first before I can get 7.70 to install correctly. On the other hand, some I even needed to manually clear the register on to fix. The problem is multifaceted and there does not seem to be one sure way that on every computer solves this. Every single client needs a lot of time to get fixed (time I do not have!).
It is a total mess!
Has anyone had the same issue and have you come up with a solution that was able to fix the problem on all installations?
Darth Panda
Official moderator
Official moderator

Re: Upgrade to PCOP 7.70 failed on 30%

Post by Darth Panda »

Hi perbauer,

When the protection hasn't updated for a long time and it has a quite old version is necessary run the uninstallers. You can find the instructions here:
https://www.pandasecurity.com/usa/support/card?id=50036

Regarding the computers which has 7.70.00.0001, if the knowledge is updated and the protections are activated, the computer is properly protectected, even if it hasn't the last version. I recomend reboot the computer everyday because, if there is any problem during the upgrade, the uninstallers should be run automatic eventually. If that doesn't happen in some days, you'll need to run uninstallers and install again.

Regards,

Tech Support Department
Panda Security
The Cloud Security Company
Technical support – Panda Security
www.pandasecurity.com

Return to “Adaptive Defense and Endpoint Protection - Issues”