False positive on "Trj/Genetic.gen"

Find the answers to Adaptive Defense and Endpoint Protection queries in this forum. The experts will help you out!
slalonde

False positive on "Trj/Genetic.gen"

Post by slalonde »

One of our customer reported that upon downloading our application, he got a popup from his panda antivirus saying it was infected. He gave us a screenshot that showed the panda popup during a download in internet explorer. The popup shows "Panda Endpoint Protection Plus".

We downloaded the free version of panda (18.01.00) and were able to get the same detection, which reports "Trj/Genetic.gen".

The issue only happens while the file is being downloaded, where panda will interrupe the download. Somehow the file cannot be deleted, so I can go get a copy from the Temporary Internet Files folder. If I rescan the file (the partially/interrupted download), I get the same virus report.

If I disable panda, let the package download completely, and then scan the resulting (complete) file, panda does not report anything.

I tried the online tool at https://www.virustotal.com/ with the partial file and only "panda" and "CrowdStrike Falcon (ML)" report an issue. I would be surprised if the file was actually infected (though you never know).

The file can be dowloaded at https://s3.amazonaws.com/xmc-public/dow ... Cloud).exe

Would it be possible to get it analyzed?
slalonde

Re: False positive on "Trj/Genetic.gen"

Post by slalonde »

Is anyone at Panda looking into this?
slalonde

Post by slalonde »

Any update?
CJ166

Post by CJ166 »

Hello,

Normal download with Panda IS.
Normal execution of the package, attached img.

No problem.
Attachments
download normal.jpg
download normal.jpg (218.44 KiB) Viewed 7243 times
Panda Partner Colombia.

Return to “Adaptive Defense and Endpoint Protection - Issues”