Panda Dome 18.04 questions

Post your query about Panda Dome Essential, Panda Dome Complete, Panda Dome Advanced and Panda Dome Premium here!
StrikeFIN

Panda Dome 18.04 questions

Post by StrikeFIN »

hi :)

1) Does installer have option to remove/disable VPN?

2) Why name change again? Cloud,free antivirus and now dome?

3) is there any full changelog for Dome 18.04?

4) is it lighter than earlier version free antivirus, in overall usage?

5) are earlier version free antivirus BSOD errors (that were reported) fixed?
Darth Panda
Official moderator
Official moderator

Re: Panda Dome 18.04 questions

Post by Darth Panda »

1) Does installer have option to remove/disable VPN?

No it does not. But the licence activation code will be able to tell if it is a module it has been paid for, and will give you the option to activat-deactivate once isntalled.

2) Why name change again? Cloud,free antivirus and now dome?

Well, tyhe search for a name is a very hard thing. It has to be catchy, and has to be tastefull on the mouthm, with delicate vainilla and chocolate flavours, and a fruits-of-the-forest end touch on your palate.
But the name PANDA will always give you that, appart from endless protection, so, does it really matter the second name as long as Panda is the first one?

3) is there any full changelog for Dome 18.04?

Not yet ready, Requested, but not delivered.

4) is it lighter than earlier version free antivirus, in overall usage?

well, it has to be compared with the computer you are using it in. I do not think than technology will become lighter in any means, but as resouces on computers grow higher ahdn higher, yes, it is lighter than previous versions.

5) are earlier version free antivirus BSOD errors (that were reported) fixed?

Bsods are not always due to our drivers. but the ones regarding our product, yes have been fixed.

regards
Technical support – Panda Security
www.pandasecurity.com
StrikeFIN

Post by StrikeFIN »

Mary77 wrote:1) Does installer have option to remove/disable VPN?

No it does not. But the licence activation code will be able to tell if it is a module it has been paid for, and will give you the option to activat-deactivate once isntalled.
This is actually pretty bad thing, forced modules (which in most cases are not used and cause extra resources usage) are always really bad, users should have option always to choose what extra modules to include in new installation.

Similar to toolbar option, you should include option on installer, do you want install VPN program or not (I'm really sure someone is interested for VPN program, but not me and some other users which want basic protection without extra modules)
Darth Panda
Official moderator
Official moderator

Post by Darth Panda »

oK... We will pass on your recommendations to development.

regards
www.pandasecurity.com
Piratefin_

Post by Piratefin_ »

I would like to know if Panda VPN is going to cause problems on my machine, since i already have F-Secure Freedome VPN installed.

Im not going to install Panda Dome until i have answers, because i don't want to have 2 vpn programs causing problems on my machine.
Darth Panda
Official moderator
Official moderator

Post by Darth Panda »

Do not activate panda VPN once installed. and problem solved. If you do not activate it won´t interact on your computer.

regards
www.pandasecurity.com
amandine358

Post by amandine358 »

bonjour, je ne sais pas si quelqu'un pourra m'aider, je vais faire traduire ce message pour que vous puissiez le lire
j'ai donc acheté en ligne Panda Dome complet et installé le logiciel via le lien fourni. Mais je ne parviens pas à l'activer, quand je tape mon code d'activation il y a un code erreur 9999 qui s'affiche et l'aide ne donne aucune indication sur ce code erreur
je précise que j'essaye d'activer Panda Dome sur un Macbook
j'ai déjà envoyé 2 ou 3 mails à l'assistance en vain, je viens donc vers vous afin d'avoir une solution à mon problème.
Merci d'avance

In English:

hello, I do not know if anyone can help me, I'll translate this message so you can read it
so I bought online Panda Dome full and installed the software via the link provided. But I can not activate it, when I type my activation code there is a 9999 error code that appears and the help gives no indication of this error code
I specify that I try to activate Panda Dome on a Macbook
I have already sent 2 or 3 mails to the assistance in vain, so I come to you in order to have a solution to my problem.
thank you in advance
Darth Panda
Official moderator
Official moderator

Post by Darth Panda »

SEnd me via private message, your customer number, in order to check your licensing available.
www.pandasecurity.com
RedsFan

Post by RedsFan »

Hi,

Can someone clarify whats the difference between Panda Dome free 18.04 ( released dec 2017 )
and Panda free antivrus 18.04 released on Jan 10 2018
Only thing i see is that there are no scheduled scans in Dome free.

There are different downloads available and you can recognice by other icon instalers when its downloaded.

Regards
Intel® i3-4150 Dual-Core@3,5 GHZ. Ram: 16 GB. HD 1 TB // Windows 10 Home x64bit.
Darth Panda
Official moderator
Official moderator

Post by Darth Panda »

Hi Redsfan:

If it's the same version of free antivirus, it's the same antivirus, only the name change.

Regards,

Tech Support Department
Panda Security
The Cloud Security Company
www.pandasecurity.com

Return to “Panda Dome - Issues”