wvx4rt.exe/.tmp constant detection, PCC can't remove, PIS block on boot

Problems with virus, rootkits, rogueware...? The community and the Panda experts will get your queries solved!
czeppelini

wvx4rt.exe/.tmp constant detection, PCC can't remove, PIS block on boot

Post by czeppelini »

Hey all,

I've been bothered for over a month by a possible malware entitled "wvx4rt" that appeared both as .exe and .tmp. Panda Cloud Cleaner could not remove it (even after both a quick and a full scan of my computer). Panda Internet Security at first offered me whether to let it run or to block it, and now it blocks it everytime I boot my computer.

According to the pop-up notification that PIS shows, it's pathway is C:\Users\Czeppelini\AppData\Local\Temp" with Czeppelini being the only user profile set up and used in my computer.

Checking task monitor, I've been able to locate several instances of this archive (both as .tmp and .exe) being blocked and removed from the computer (I am attaching the report here). Nonetheless, it will reappear if I restart or shut down my computer.

Is this a real threat? if so, what should be my course of action?

P.S.: I am not sure if it could be maybe one of the effects that the malware has in the computer, but besides Mozilla Firefox (that came installed from factory) no other browsers (Chrome, Opera, Windows Edge), is able to use search engines, with them all returning a blank page (no graphic elements whatsoever, just pure white display).
Attachments
panda report.xlsx
(8.33 KiB) Downloaded 293 times
CJ166

Re: wvx4rt.exe/.tmp constant detection, PCC can't remove, PIS block on boot

Post by CJ166 »

Good day, delete the contents of the temperature folder

Located in C: \ Users \ Czeppelini \ AppData \ Local \ Temp
Panda Partner Colombia.

Return to “Virus - Issues”