[CLOSED] OS detection intrusion attempt from own IP address

Container for RESOLVED incidents, queries SOLVED by the experts, EXPIRED topics or those that have been CLOSED by the users.
Gibsonlover66

[CLOSED] OS detection intrusion attempt from own IP address

Post by Gibsonlover66 »

Dear Jorge,

Nice to see that you're still going strong :) I have managed quite well since my little problem over a year ago, but now I have noticed something that I find a bit odd in my Panda event log. Maybe you can assist me, in telling me what it is and if some action should be taken? I have searched the net and the forum but can't find what I'm looking for, maybe partly because it's hard to search on "OS".

Problem: A couple of times each day I get an intrusion attempt called "OS detection" that is blocked by Panda. I don't know how long this has been going on, but I think it has been for quite a while. Upon checking these posts I have discovered that they ALL come from my own IP address!!! Is this something that should be investigated further or is it something that can be safely ignored?

Specs: AMD Phenom II X6 1100T 3.30 GHz, 64-bit OS, Windows 7 Home Premium SP1, IE 11, Panda Antivirus Pro 2016. All programs updated and a tidy and clean machine. Full scans are performed regularly, with both Panda AV Pro and Panda Cloud, but I have never felt any need to run the Root Kit. My environment is a single home PC connected through fiber, no router, no WiFi, and I completely and solely rely on Panda as my whole protection provider.

Jorge, what is it and what do you advise me to do?

Thank you so much, and Good Luck on Monday against Italy :)

// Peter
VirusBuster
Official moderator
Official moderator

Re: OS detection intrusion attempt from own IP address

Post by VirusBuster »

It's difficult to explain how this defense works, but the block is correct. There is nothing you should worry about.
Regards,

Jorge Torre
TechSupport Department - Panda Security

I don't reply to private messages unless I have previously requested them
Gibsonlover66

Re: OS detection intrusion attempt from own IP address

Post by Gibsonlover66 »

Thank you Jorge,

Then I will stop worrying :)

Because of the IP of my own PC, it just sounds like there's something in my machine trying to compromise my system, like some spyware, trojan or maybe NSA :) But, I gather that you have encountered this before, so maybe it's just some Windows thing, some bug or whatever???

Nevertheless, have a nice weekend and again, good luck on Monday...

// Peter

Return to “Virus - Archive Issues”