[CLOSED] Trojan

Container for RESOLVED incidents, queries SOLVED by the experts, EXPIRED topics or those that have been CLOSED by the users.
jimbainbridge

[CLOSED] Trojan

Post by jimbainbridge »

How can I recover files infected by (.locky extension) RSA-2048 and AES-128 ciphers ?

jimbainbridge
VirusBuster
Official moderator
Official moderator

Re: Trojan

Post by VirusBuster »

Unfortunately its not possible to recover the encrypted files due to the ciphering type they used

We are sorry for the inconveniences caused by the infection, Panda has a great virus detection capability, in fact we detect more than 200.000 new different threats every day. But sometimes there is a little time window, since the delinquent launches his attack until this threat can be neutralized, during which a minimal percentage of users become infected. We are working to minimize this window exposure for our users as much as possible.

Assuring your online security and your machine’s protection is our principal mission. But it is also very important that you follow a series of basic advises that will avoid your machine becomes infected:

o Keep your software updated (so as to avoid someone uses known security holes to infect your machine).
o Do not execute files from unknown sources.
o Backup your most valuable information. Having a backup your files protects you from these attacks and even from other kind of problems (hardware failures, etc).

You can find more information and basic protection advises in the following web help http://www.pandasecurity.com/homeusers/ ... rd?id=1679
Regards,

Jorge Torre
TechSupport Department - Panda Security

I don't reply to private messages unless I have previously requested them

Return to “Virus - Archive Issues”