Resilient trojan that cloud cleaner cannot permanently clean

Problems with virus, rootkits, rogueware...? The community and the Panda experts will get your queries solved!
zsuzsoca

Resilient trojan that cloud cleaner cannot permanently clean

Post by zsuzsoca »

Hi All,
My collegue have got a nasty virus in his computer due to a malfuncioning old mouse and a bad decision later. The virus came with a jar file via email. The most obvious symptom is that it blocks the task manager, but I am pretty sure it does a lot of other things that I can not see. The notebook has Panda IS 2014 installed, and it captured and disinfected a "Trj/PswStealer.A" virus several times, but at a fill scan it just froze after some time. So we downloaded Panda Cloud Cleaner. It finds a trj/CI.a, two things that has to do with the not working task manager: A system hijack and a "TRJ/Agent.IFEO" and a trj/generic.pcc. Cloud cleaner disinfectsd them, and if after cloud cleaner I run Malwarebytes, it also finds a lot of things, and after that task manager starts working again. Until the next restart.
The OS is WIN7 x64. Reinstall is not an option, and it would be very important to make the notebook safe again ASAP, there is a deadline approaching.
I would be grateful for any advice on how to disinfect the reason behind the reemerging malwares.
Thanks,
zsuzsoca
Panda user since 2004
dennisemorris

Re: Resilient trojan that cloud cleaner cannot permanently clean

Post by dennisemorris »

A program that has been designed to appear innocent but has been intentionally designed to cause some malicious activity or to provide a backdoor to your system.Trojan:Win32/MultiInjector.A!rfn is categorized as trojan horse which tends to conduct a series of damaging activities to mess up the computer operating system and cause many other problems even hardware issue on your infected computer. If you want essay related topic you can go for write my paper [ http://essaycaptains.com/ ] will get better result.
VirusBuster
Official moderator
Official moderator

Re: Resilient trojan that cloud cleaner cannot permanently clean

Post by VirusBuster »

It may be loaded at windows startup. That would explain windows task manager being disabled again after a restart
We will need a PSInfo and an AutoRuns log

Create an Autoruns Log:

Download Sysinternals Autoruns from here: http://live.sysinternals.com/autoruns.exe and save it to your desktop.
o Note: If using Windows Vista or newer operating system then you also need to do the following:
1. Right-click on Autoruns.exe and select Properties
2. Click on the Compatibility tab
3. Under Privilege Level check the box next to Run this program as an administrator
4. Click on Apply then click OK

Double-click Autoruns.exe to run it. Wait a few minutes.
Go to the Options menu and uncheck the option "Hide Windows entries"
When it's finished, please click on the File button at the top of the program and select Save and choose to save it as AutoRuns data file (.arn) .
Compress the saved arn file into a zip and provide it to us
Regards,

Jorge Torre
TechSupport Department - Panda Security

I don't reply to private messages unless I have previously requested them

Return to “Virus - Issues”