Helper.exe, more than 1k processes running at once. Battery drainage.

Problems with virus, rootkits, rogueware...? The community and the Panda experts will get your queries solved!
TechNewbieX

Helper.exe, more than 1k processes running at once. Battery drainage.

Post by TechNewbieX »

Hi.

I recently was trying to download a hacking software for a game (just for fun, nothing serious). So I might have downloaded something harmful as well. Antivirus removed most of them, and I also initiated a complete PC scan.

Now the main problem is - there are more than 1,000 processes of "Helper.exe" running all at once when I checked in the task manager.
Because of this, somehow, my battery is draining pretty quickly. It's a totally new laptop, bought just a few weeks ago. I don't overcharge, I just use the charger when required. I don't leave the laptop to download torrents overnight or anything like that.

I have a reason to believe that the 1k Helper.exe processes is the cause of this fast-battery-drainage. Also, I'm using BitDefender Free version as my antivirus.
Here is a screenshot of the processes: -
If the img hyperlink doesn't work, visit this : https://imgur.com/a/OQmWB

I would like your insights and help in order to sort this issue out. I would like to know how to fix this problem by ending all "helper.exe" tasks remaining only one, the correct one. Every single time I restart my PC, these tasks open up no matter what.

Would really appreciate a reply! Please do - thanks!

Quick edit: I tried executing the cmd prompt and tried 'taskkill /im Helper.exe'. All of it was success but it seems like Helper.exe programs re-ran themselves again. I can't seem to end it once and for all. Please help :/
CJ166

Re: Helper.exe, more than 1k processes running at once. Battery drainage.

Post by CJ166 »

Hello, since it is not a problem with products related to Panda, you will have to consult it with your trusted technician.

However, you can try an analysis with the PCC http://pandacloudcleaner.pandasecurity.com/facebook/
Panda Partner Colombia.

Return to “Virus - Issues”