Panda Dome blocked Raxco PerfectDisk

Problems with virus, rootkits, rogueware...? The community and the Panda experts will get your queries solved!
Saua

Panda Dome blocked Raxco PerfectDisk

Post by Saua »

Today I installed Panda dome and made a first scan. After scan it detected Raxco Perfectdisk as PUP/PerfectRegistry. So I restored the quarantined files but Raxcko stopped working afer restoring files. It was necessary to reinstall Raxco.
Why does this program has been detected as PUP?
Darth Panda
Official moderator
Official moderator

Re: Panda Dome blocked Raxco PerfectDisk

Post by Darth Panda »

Dear Client:

It might have been because the actions it is allowed to perform on the computer. Delete files, empty registries, clear folders, etc, etc...
they are actions performed by malwares, or cleaners.

We do not know all files or programs all aorund the globe, so sometimes we do need the cleint cooperation to gather as mucho info we can on existing programs which are not on our databases.

you have a link to a thread on this forum which will tell you how to send files to analize:

http://support.pandasecurity.com/forum/ ... 5ef0d01f8c

They will not answer you back, but will analyze the file and change its regarded condition or will leave it as it is, so you will have to exclude it form analysis,if you want to keep using it.

regards
Technical support – Panda Security
www.pandasecurity.com
Saua

Post by Saua »

Hi Darth Panda.
I followed the steps of the link and tried to send you the compressed files fo Raxco to be analized, but all the time I get an error that after sending, the email cannot be delivered. The attached and compressed file is about 18 MB.
Is there another way to sent it to vírus@pandasecurity.com?

Regards
Darth Panda
Official moderator
Official moderator

Post by Darth Panda »

Hi Saua,

Contact the support of Panda in your country to provide a way to send files (FTP or similar).

If you don't know the email, tell us your country and we will provide it to you.

Thank you.
Technical support – Panda Security
www.pandasecurity.com

Return to “Virus - Issues”