Virus detected Exploit32.gen a false positive?

Problems with virus, rootkits, rogueware...? The community and the Panda experts will get your queries solved!
cloudbridge

Virus detected Exploit32.gen a false positive?

Post by cloudbridge »

I'm trying to run a program from https://en.j5create.com/pages/drivers to upgrade the hdmi connector to my Lenovo computer. The program being stopped by Panda Dome is j5TypecHDMIFirmware-v7.4.55_hdmifirmware.exe. Can you test it? If it's ok, how long before it's whitelisted?

I would attach the Panda report but it objects to the extension even when I remove the dot. I attached a zipped copy of the file, password panda and dot removed before exe in the filename.
Virus detected W32/Exploit.gen Location: C:\Users\Cecile\Downloads\OneClickdigital Media Manager Installer.exe 6/28/2018 4:42 PM Neutralized
Virus detected W32/Exploit.gen Location: C:\Users\Cecile\Downloads\OneClickdigital Media Manager Installer.exe 6/28/2018 4:43 PM Neutralized
Virus detected W32/Exploit.gen Location: C:\Users\Cecile\Downloads\OneClickdigital Media Manager Installer.exe 6/28/2018 4:44 PM Neutralized
Virus detected W32/Exploit.gen Location: C:\Users\Cecile\Documents\Downloads\Audible\OneClickdigital Media Manager Installer.exe 6/28/2018 4:46 PM Neutralized
Thanks,
Cloudbridge
Attachments
j5TypecHDMIFirmware-v7.4.55_hdmifirmwareexe.7z
(537.45 KiB) Downloaded 337 times
Darth Panda
Official moderator
Official moderator

Re: Virus detected Exploit32.gen a false positive?

Post by Darth Panda »

password is not panda.

Please resend the file with password

panda

low case caracters

regards
Technical support – Panda Security
www.pandasecurity.com

Return to “Virus - Issues”