Register
FaceBook Twitter

[CLOSED] Activate PIS2013

Container for RESOLVED incidents, queries SOLVED by the experts, EXPIRED topics or those that have been CLOSED by the users.

[CLOSED] Activate PIS2013

Postby cs.oyen » Fri, 09 Nov 2012, 22:00

Hi,

I buy a retail copy of Panda Internet Security 2012 with free upgrade to 2013 but i can't activate it because i am using Windows 8, so i can't activate with 2012 version, and with 2013 version my code does nt work.

Someone can help me?

Regards,

cs.oyen

Re: Activate PIS2013

Postby Menno » Sat, 10 Nov 2012, 17:47

Same problem here.

A few days ago I've renewed my Intego Virusbarrier X6 Dual Protection package, this package includes Panda Antivirus 2012. Now I've also installed Windows 8 (with Parallels) on my Apple MacBook Pro. Before the Windows 8 install program could continue I HAD to uninstall Panda Antivirus 2012 because it's not compatible with Windows 8. The Panda website says that if you keep Panda 2012 installed and overwrite it with Panda 2013 you'll get an automatic free upgrade (subscription Panda 2013 will then end on the same day as the already installed Panda 2012 version). This doesn't work for me because I had to uninstall Panda 2012, as mentioned before. It isn't possible to activate Panda 2013 with my 2012 activation code.

I've sent a question to Panda support and I hope they'll have an answer. If they do I'll post it here, or better Panda will post it in their FAQ ;-) because a lot of customers will have the same problem after the recent Windows 8 release.

Postby cs.oyen » Sat, 10 Nov 2012, 22:41

Menno wrote:Same problem here.

A few days ago I've renewed my Intego Virusbarrier X6 Dual Protection package, this package includes Panda Antivirus 2012. Now I've also installed Windows 8 (with Parallels) on my Apple MacBook Pro. Before the Windows 8 install program could continue I HAD to uninstall Panda Antivirus 2012 because it's not compatible with Windows 8. The Panda website says that if you keep Panda 2012 installed and overwrite it with Panda 2013 you'll get an automatic free upgrade (subscription Panda 2013 will then end on the same day as the already installed Panda 2012 version). This doesn't work for me because I had to uninstall Panda 2012, as mentioned before. It isn't possible to activate Panda 2013 with my 2012 activation code.

I've sent a question to Panda support and I hope they'll have an answer. If they do I'll post it here, or better Panda will post it in their FAQ ;-) because a lot of customers will have the same problem after the recent Windows 8 release.

Hi,

Thank you for you're help.

I resolve the problem installing a virtual machine with windows 7 ... so after that i can install and activate on W8.

Regards.

Postby rmadzharov » Mon, 12 Nov 2012, 09:55

Hello,

Thank you for your post.

Since I am unaware of a knowledge base being available, I'd suggest you contact your local Panda sales team. This is an issue of having to upgrade your activation code. Your sales department will be able to do that for you.

Contact here:
http://www.pandasecurity.com/about/cont ... lt_int.htm

Cheers!

BR,
Radko
The postings on this site are solely my own and do not represent or constitute Panda Security's positions, views, strategies or opinions.

Official moderator

Postby VirusBuster » Mon, 19 Nov 2012, 11:06

Closed due to lack of response
TOPIC CLOSED
Regards,

Jorge Torre
TechSupport Department, Panda Security
Retail & Malware Team
I don't reply to private messages unless I have previously requested them

Return to Consumer 2013 - Archive Issues