Register
FaceBook Twitter

No internet connection after update panda

Container for RESOLVED incidents, queries SOLVED by the experts, EXPIRED topics or those that have been CLOSED by the users.

No internet connection after update panda

Postby esraven » Thu, 13 Dec 2012, 12:48

Location belgium, dutch version of windows 7

This morning I restarted my windows 7 after the panda message in the evening before that panda was upgraded and system needed to restart.

After restart this morning, i was not able to get a connection to the internet.
I only had an restricted connection to the router. As I thought this was maybe a problem of my router, i tried later in the morning the internet connection by enabling wifi on my mobile.

I got the same problem. Connction to mobile, ok, but restricted, so no internet

I suspected the panda update to cause the problem as this was the last change on my system.
And to my relief after uninstalling panda I was able to connect to the internet.

I am noticing now I am not alone with this problem. The given solution does not satisfy me because of complexity.
http://support.pandasecurity.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=36&t=881&start=10

I will only consider reinstalling Panda antivirus as soon as I have a confirmation that this problem is solved in the program itself.

Greetings.

Official moderator

Re: No internet connection after update panda

Postby VirusBuster » Thu, 13 Dec 2012, 13:37

Which Panda product and version are you using?
We need identifying which protection causes the Internet loss, so we need you to perform some tests
Try doing a custom installation installation in order to identify it:
When the computer is clear of other installations, Click the Product name and save the executable file of your Panda 2013 product to your Desktop:

Panda Global Protection 2013
Panda Internet Security 2013
Panda Antivirus Pro 2013

Install the antivirus (custom)

Double-click the Panda Product installer file for the installation process to begin, and follow the steps below to carry out a custom installation:
Select the option to Install in a customized way.
In the next window you will be asked if you want to scan the memory or hard disk, do so if you want to.
You will then be shown the protection to be installed. All checkboxes will be selected by default. Clear the following checkboxes: Firewall protection, Identity protection, Protection against vulnerabilities and Anti-spam filter. You will be asked to Restart the computer, do so.
Open the antivirus program. The mentioned protection will appear as not installed in the first window. Install the Firewall protection first. You will be asked to Restart the computer, do so.
Check the mentioned error does not occur.
Open the antivirus program. The protection pending installation will be shown in the first window. Install Identity protection (only this protection). Restart the computer.
Open the antivirus program. The protection pending installation will be shown in the first window. Install Protection against vulnerabilities (only this protection). Restart the computer.
Open the antivirus. The protection pending installation will be shown in the first window. Install the last protection: Anti-spam filter. Restart the computer.
When installation is complete, please tell us which protection causes the error or whether the error has been solved by carrying out a custom installation.
Regards,

Jorge Torre
TechSupport Department, Panda Security
Retail & Malware Team
I don't reply to private messages unless I have previously requested them

Postby esraven » Thu, 13 Dec 2012, 14:49

Thanks for the fast response.
I will reinstall panda this evening at home following the mentioned procedure and give you feedback.

Best regards

Official moderator

Postby PandaSupport1 » Thu, 13 Dec 2012, 16:54

esraven wrote:Thanks for the fast response.
I will reinstall panda this evening at home following the mentioned procedure and give you feedback.

Best regards

OK ;)
Regards,

Alberto Dominguez

Postby esraven » Fri, 14 Dec 2012, 08:56

about which version was installed:
I installed in may 2012 the free panda cloud version.
The program installed automatic upgrades. Yesterday just before uninstalling I noticed the layout was changed to
the picture shown in http://www.pandasecurity.com/security-promotion/netherlands/panda-cloud-antivirus-pro/?track=126246
So I assume it was updated to the latest version.

As asked I followed the mentioned procedure installing the antivirus pro as given in your link.
As I am not a paying customer, I enabled the trial version.
In the trial version I only have two options antivirus and firewall

I first started only antivirus: after restart I have internet connection
I enabled firewall, after restart firewall was not activated, tried again to activate firewall, restarted again, no firewall activation, Internet connection ok but an apparantly slow system

Uninstalled the program, during uninstall I got an error mentioning something went wrong enabling the firewall and the uninstall could not restore some system files. After a while the uninstall continued and to my relief my system was still working.

For me, you can close this issue, as I am not longer interested in getting panda antivirus for two reasons:
First and major reason, at home I only use a free version of antivirus, secondly this version of antivirus looks buggy to me, so I don't want to screw up my well working system

Greetings

Official moderator

Postby VirusBuster » Fri, 14 Dec 2012, 09:25

So, then you had Panda Cloud Antivirus. I provided you some instructions for a co0mpletely different prduct range.

For any question about Panda Cloud Antivirus please visit http://blog.cloudantivirus.com or http://www.cloudantivirus.com/forum/index.jspa
There you will not only find a blog for testers, but also useful information about the product.

Thanks,
Regards,

Jorge Torre
Retail & Malware Team

Return to Consumer 2013 - Archive Issues