[SOLVED] Panda Free 16.1.0 Suspicious Behavior

Container for RESOLVED incidents, queries SOLVED by the experts, EXPIRED topics or those that have been CLOSED by the users.
bilvihur

[SOLVED] Panda Free 16.1.0 Suspicious Behavior

Post by bilvihur »

On 1/26/16 I was seeing Action Center warnings that Panda was not enabled. It wasn't consuming CPU, so I ignored the warning. The next day, I brought up the Panda info box and found that my scheduled scans were missing. I re-entered the schedule. Today I went to "View Full Report" and see that none of the scheduled scans have been running for a week. The Action Centers reports that "virus scanning is temporarily turned off"! Do I have to manually enable Panda Free AV, and how do I do that? I just did a manual Critical Scan to see if anything is reset. It completed, but the Action Center is still asking whether I want to turn on Panda Free Antivirus... :?:
cp1

Re: Panda Free 16.1.0 Suspicious Behavior

Post by cp1 »

bilvihur wrote:On 1/26/16 I was seeing Action Center warnings that Panda was not enabled. It wasn't consuming CPU, so I ignored the warning. The next day, I brought up the Panda info box and found that my scheduled scans were missing. I re-entered the schedule. Today I went to "View Full Report" and see that none of the scheduled scans have been running for a week. The Action Centers reports that "virus scanning is temporarily turned off"! Do I have to manually enable Panda Free AV, and how do I do that? I just did a manual Critical Scan to see if anything is reset. It completed, but the Action Center is still asking whether I want to turn on Panda Free Antivirus... :?:
When Panda Free AV is successfully installed on a computer, it starts up and runs automatically unless the user turns it off or unless some malware on the computer is preventing Panda from running.

First three things that come to mind:
1. Make sure you haven't turned off Panda Free. Right click on the Panda icon in your notification tray and be sure it is activated.
2. Download Malwarebytes and run a scan as a double-check that your system isn't infected. You can run Malwarebytes alongside your antivirus program (such as Panda). https://www.malwarebytes.org/antimalware/
3. Regarding your scheduled scans not running, are you sure your computer was not in sleep mode, hibernate mode, or turned off at the time the scans were scheduled to run? The scans won't run if your computer is in any of those three modes. What I do is use Window's Task Scheduler feature (Windows 7 Pro) to wake my computer 1 minute before my weekly Panda scan is scheduled to start.
bilvihur

Post by bilvihur »

Thanks for the reply.
Panda says that it is Enabled, but the Action center still reports it being "temporarily turned off".
Malwarebytes runs cleanly.
The scheduled scans are definitely set for when I'm actively using the system. They worked fine up until 1/26/16.
VirusBuster
Official moderator
Official moderator

Post by VirusBuster »

Hi

We will need a PSInfo in order to study the issue
Regards,

Jorge Torre
TechSupport Department - Panda Security

I don't reply to private messages unless I have previously requested them
bilvihur

Post by bilvihur »

Here's the PCOPinfo results: https://mega.nz/#!a8oA1QLT!NNv9uYwhqiI- ... 2GA6sTN3sM. Panda is still saying it's enabled, and the Action Center says it's not. It asks whether I want to turn Panda on, and asks permission to run PAV3WSC.exe. When I give permission, nothing happens. My scheduled scan didn't run this morning either. Thanks.
bilvihur

Post by bilvihur »

PS: You REALLY should update the PSInfo instructions. 1 MB is the maximum file size attachment, and all of my PSInfo.7z files have been >3 MB.
VirusBuster
Official moderator
Official moderator

Post by VirusBuster »

I don't see anything strange

It seems to be a problem with Windows action center properly detecting the antivirus status
Go to start - run, type services.msc and press OK
Locate the service Security Center and restart it
Does the problem persist?

If the problem still persist, I would try reinstalling the antivirus
Regards,

Jorge Torre
TechSupport Department - Panda Security

I don't reply to private messages unless I have previously requested them
bilvihur

Post by bilvihur »

Restarting the Security Center had no effect, nor did running PAV3WSC.exe. The scheduled scan which should have run 15 minutes ago didn't. I'll re-install.
bilvihur

Post by bilvihur »

Re-installed, Panda is conducting a scan, and the Action Center alert is gone. Panda has great reviews for detecting viruses, but it sure takes a lot of work to keep it up and running correctly. I'll keep you posted. Thanks.
bilvihur

Post by bilvihur »

When I re-installed Panda, and the new installation scan began, I thought it would finish in an hour. It's been roughly 60 hours (with multiple Sleep intervals, but no re-boots), and has scanned 73,113 files without incident, but shows no sign of ending. Is the new installation scan supposed to complete eventually? All previous manual and scheduled full scans took roughly 60 minutes.

Return to “Panda Free Antivirus - Archive Issues”