unable to uninstall

Queries regarding Panda free antivirus products will be managed, to the extent possible, by the forum community.
Mgas

Re: unable to uninstall

Post by Mgas »

Hi

Yes. It is the latest version Malawarebytes Adwcleaner.

I ran this program as I thought I might have had some malware on my system that was preventing me from installing either Panda Free or Windows Defender.

It kept finding and flagging residual traces of panda every time i ran it after the runs of Panda generic uninstaller that had failed . I have sent you a copy of the Adwcleaner log with one of my previous replies.

Adwcleaner did not find any traces of Panda after I ran your uninstaller fix etc in safe mode.

But the following rerun of Pandafreeav failed followed by FreeAV also failing, as I told you in my last reply.
CJ166

Post by CJ166 »

Clarification,

Adwcleaner is a tool to remove viruses, specific malware, it is not used to analyze errors in software removals, therefore it does not work for the problem.

Please, if you generate a log error when installing AV Free, please attach it.

Write me at carjul6@yahoo.es to coordinate the connection. Thank you.
Panda Partner Colombia.
Mgas

Post by Mgas »

Hi

How do I generate a log when running Panda AV?

Where will the log be?

How can I find out what entries your programs are leaving and finding on my system when I try to install Panda AV and it fails

P.S:

The Adwcleaner runs showed that Panda AV had not been uninstalled completely. I am not saying that it was a cure for the problem. Adwcleaner found none of these entries last time I ran it.

Since I last run your PANDFREAV and FREEAV both of which failed, I have looked at the list of programs on my PC using Geek and Revo uninstalllers and Windows Add/Remove Programs. None of them show me anything that indicates Panda AV is still on my system.

Yet when I try to run your Pandafreeav it fails, and your FreeAV tells me that there is already a PandaAV installation I need to remove.

So the questions are:=

Why does PandafreeAV fail
What entries does it put on my system when it fails and which FreeAV is finding that stops it from installing

Only you know what entries are set up on my system by PandfreeAV and what FreeAV is then finding to stop it from running. I do not and no program I can run will tell me this.
CJ166

Post by CJ166 »

Write me at carjul6@yahoo.es to coordinate the connection. Thank you.
Panda Partner Colombia.
adnil

Post by adnil »

Hello, I also can't uninstall my Panda Antivirus Pro. On a Window's 7 computer. 64. The program still appears in my control panel but when I go to uninstall it, it brings up a messege in spanish that translates to there was an error during uninstall please check the forums. I tried to use the generic uninstaller but also get a message to reboot the computer first? A little help?
CJ166

Post by CJ166 »

Hello adnil, when the generic uninstaller is running this prompts to reboot the system ..... you should click Yes ....

After clicking (Yes) the system restarts and Panda must be uninstalled.
Panda Partner Colombia.
Darth Panda
Official moderator
Official moderator

Post by Darth Panda »

Is this issue sorted?

if no news are posted on three days, the thread will be locked and closed.

regards
Technical support – Panda Security
www.pandasecurity.com
Askalick

Post by Askalick »

CJ166 wrote:Hello adnil, when the generic uninstaller is running this prompts to reboot the system ..... you should click Yes ....

After clicking (Yes) the system restarts and Panda must be uninstalled.
This is what is supposed to happen.

But I have just encountered the same issue as adnil reported: when starting the Generic Uninstaller a message said to reboot the computer first. So I rebooted the computer, then started the Generic Uninstaller again but got the same message to reboot before running the Uninstaller.

I could not get out of this loop until I followed a previous suggestion of downloading the Uninstaller Fix. Then I could run the Generic Uninstaller, however, it did not restart the computer when finished. It did not even apparently finish either - it just disappeared. So I ran it again and the same thing happened.

This all came about on a Windows 10 desktop when Panda stopped working a few minutes after start-up, every time. So I downloaded the latest version and tried to install it, but there was an error. So I ran the Generic Uninstaller which was uninstalling for an exceedingly long time and then stopped working. The Panda icon disappeared so I restarted manually.

Then I tried again to install Panda but a message said Panda was already installed. That was when the uninstall loop began. I couldn't run the Uninstaller and there was an error when I tried to install Panda.

The Uninstaller Fix seems to have resolved the problem as I have managed to install Panda eventually - version 18.03.00
Darth Panda
Official moderator
Official moderator

Post by Darth Panda »

thanks Askalick for sharing your experience. there is also away for being able to get out of the loop but it does involve meaking changes on the registry, and that is not advisable for beginners.
Technical support – Panda Security
www.pandasecurity.com

Return to “Panda Free Antivirus - Issues”