Error 997 overlapping I/O again

Queries regarding Panda free antivirus products will be managed, to the extent possible, by the forum community.
LarryB1607

Error 997 overlapping I/O again

Post by LarryB1607 »

Error 997 overlapping I/O again. Evertime I try to upgrade Panda to a newer version, I get the above error. I have always been able to solve this error and install the program after installing the correct registry entry found in the productcodes.zip file. In the meantime I am on the internet unprotected while I am scrambling to find the article that deals with this issue.

Halfway through the install of version 18.01, I realized that the install might not go smoothly. My suspicions were correct, I got the error and had to reinstall version 18.00. I did manage to find my old post regarding this and downloaded the newest version of productcodes.zip and installed it. Not sure if it has been updated to allow installation of the newest version though. Is this the case?

Why is this necessary everytime and why cannot the registry entry be installed during the product installation?

Thanks
VirusBuster
Official moderator
Official moderator

Re: Error 997 overlapping I/O again

Post by VirusBuster »

LarryB1607 wrote:downloaded the newest version of productcodes.zip and installed it. Not sure if it has been updated to allow installation of the newest version though. Is this the case?
Yes, it is updated with the product codes for 18.01.00 version
LarryB1607 wrote:Why is this necessary everytime and why cannot the registry entry be installed during the product installation?
It is an operating system problem that sometimes requires these keys to be manually added
Regards,

Jorge Torre
TechSupport Department - Panda Security

I don't reply to private messages unless I have previously requested them
LarryB1607

Post by LarryB1607 »

Can I please get a link that I can save that will get me the most recent version of productcodes.zip and that is updated when necessary. The link given in this post:

http://support.pandasecurity.com/forum/ ... d78911f56b

is outdated and gives a file version dated 2/24/2017.
Darth Panda
Official moderator
Official moderator

Post by Darth Panda »

what is your product please?
Technical support – Panda Security
www.pandasecurity.com
LarryB1607

Post by LarryB1607 »

I am trying to update a PC with Windows 7 HP 64bit. I am using I believe version 18.01.00 of Panda free AV. I am trying to update it to version 18.03.00. It seems strange that everytime a new version comes out, I have to go searching the web for this file so I am able to update my product without getting this error and not having an active AV for a period of time. That is why I am asking for a link or website I can go to and find an updated file. Previous links to this file do not seem to be updated.

Thanks
Darth Panda
Official moderator
Official moderator

Post by Darth Panda »

Dear Client

Well the problem most of the times with this error, is due to operating system not allowing our installer to enter the registry files freely. The operating system does not give us full rights to write on this part of the registry, and the user has to do it manually.

Sorry about this problem, but mostrly is an operating system error, not a panda error.

I am requesting the update for the regcodes to be upload, and we will inform you as soon as they are ready.

regards,
www.pandasecurity.com
Darth Panda
Official moderator
Official moderator

Post by Darth Panda »

you can download the updated product codes from:

http://www.pandasecurity.com/resources/ ... tcodes.zip
www.pandasecurity.com
LarryB1607

Post by LarryB1607 »

Thanks, I realize that this is not a Panda issue itself, but it is one I have experienced on more than 1 PC running Windows 7. Hopefully this productcodes file will be kept up to date in the future proactively.
Darth Panda
Official moderator
Official moderator

Post by Darth Panda »

Dear Client,

we will await until your feddback or retired because old age... ;) ;)

regards
www.pandasecurity.com
LarryB1607

Post by LarryB1607 »

Yes, the updated productcodes allowed me to install version 18.03.00. I did say Thanks in my last post, but will say it again. :P

Return to “Panda Free Antivirus - Issues”