Forced upgrade to v. 18 didn't work

Queries regarding Panda free antivirus products will be managed, to the extent possible, by the forum community.
elzach

Forced upgrade to v. 18 didn't work

Post by elzach »

I was on v 16 on Win XP SP3. The forced upgrade (which happened after I turned off computer and had to wait for 15 min for the upgrade to install) gave me a greyed out Panda console and no protection. Got an error message "we recommend you restart computer". I did a system restore but it didn't help, the old version was gone.

I ended up uninstalling Panda altogether.

If you're going to force an upgrade (and the way it happened it was obscene, sort of like taking liberties with people's computers) at least make sure that it's going to work.
andavari

Re: Forced upgrade to v. 18 didn't work

Post by andavari »

Personally I'd always do a clean install of it, since that's most likely the best way to avoid issues.

A clean install would involve (with Panda Free Antivirus v18.01):
1. Download the newest version of Panda Free Antivirus setup file. But don't use it just yet.
2. Download and install Microsoft .NET Framework v4.0 which is required to use Panda Free Antivirus v18.01. And then update .NET Framework on Microsoft Update/Windows Update or allow Automatic Updates to install all the patches for it.
3. Restart your computer.
4. Uninstall the old version of Panda Free Antivirus.
5. Restart your computer.
6. Install the new version of Panda Free Antivirus.

Note:
You may additionally need the Panda Generic Uninstaller (http://support.pandasecurity.com/forum/ ... 0acb2ef538) which I've tried and it works.
hake

Post by hake »

If you're going to force an upgrade (and the way it happened it was obscene, sort of like taking liberties with people's computers) at least make sure that it's going to work.
and make sure that .NET4 is satisfactorily installed before proceeding with the forced installation.
Come on lad! You've only got 70 yards to go.
BoredUser007-

Post by BoredUser007- »

Hi,

i have one simple question : is the version v.18 finally available for home products , commercial version, not free, bought/paid antivirus pro version ?

I'm trying to find the answer on this forum, this is hell !
From what i understand, the last 18 version ( 2018 ) is only available for free product , and i have bought the product ... it's a shame ! We are almost in 2018 and i'm still running the v.17.0.1 2017 product

I uninstalled the product and reinstalled it using the online installer, and i still have the 2017 17.0.1 version ... is this normal ?
Darth Panda
Official moderator
Official moderator

Post by Darth Panda »

if you do have an account on
Myaccount.pandasecurity.com

and your activation code is registered on that page, please send us your product name, and I´ll give you a link for the 18 version.
Technical support – Panda Security
www.pandasecurity.com

Return to “Panda Free Antivirus - Issues”