False positive on Thunderbird Reply/Send

Queries regarding Panda free antivirus products will be managed, to the extent possible, by the forum community.
100@interjazz.com

False positive on Thunderbird Reply/Send

Post by 100@interjazz.com »

Over the past two weeks, at times (about 20%) when I hit REPLY in Thunderbird to reply to an email I receive a notice "There was an error saving the message to . Retry?"
I then get the attached popup from Panda.

Most of those emails I reply to are plain text emails. No attachments or any binary data. Looking at the Event Report in Panda it says "Worm detected BAT/Butter.C" and it quarantines a file called nsemail.eml. This happens only to about 20% of the email replies. Never for an email I initiate, always when I reply. Any solution?
Attachments
panda.jpg
panda.jpg (10.92 KiB) Viewed 2832 times
jron

Re: False positive on Thunderbird Reply/Send

Post by jron »

I have the exact same problem. Only happens when replying to certain emails. I can reply to those emails using online gmail.
jron

Re: False positive on Thunderbird Reply/Send

Post by jron »

Confirmed false positive, Panda does not find anything wrong with file when directly scanned. The referenced butter worm is from 2004.
I was able to fix by adding the C:\Users\[user name]\AppData\Local\Temp\nsemail.eml to Panda's exclusion list.

I am not sure why but clicking the restore/exclude option on the Panda popup does not work. You have to manually add it under settings/antivirus. I also deleted the file because if it exists then Thunderbird creates nsemail-1.eml instead. Panda does not offer the option to add wildcards * in the file name to the exclusion list :(

Return to “Panda Free Antivirus - Issues”