No Panda Free AV Support

Queries regarding Panda free antivirus products will be managed, to the extent possible, by the forum community.
bilvihur

No Panda Free AV Support

Post by bilvihur »

6 weeks ago I posted that I was getting the pop-up message "Processing Error. Contact Administrator". I saw no replies to that post. 3 weeks ago I posted that my Scan Schedule was Deleted so no scans were running after 5/31/17. I saw no replies to that post either. After I re-entered the scan schedule, the scans resumed, but I recently noticed that there are NO synchronization messages in the scan log since 5/31/17. Panda used to re-synchronize daily.
I figure it's a waste of time to ask what is happening, because I haven't seen ANY responses from Panda Support in the Panda Free Forum in a long time. Others have remarked on this also.
Therefore, not knowing if Panda's virus definitions are up-to-date, and not willing to wait for an update to Panda 18 (which many users are having issues with), I've uninstalled Panda and am using another AV. I'll look back in this forum occasionally to see any new info. Thanks for the memories.
sagor

Re: No Panda Free AV Support

Post by sagor »

I tend to agree, Panda is not addressing problems with the "Free AV" product. I posted a problem 3 weeks ago, get one or two confirmations from other users, but Panda tends to ignore problems. Maybe these problems show up in the "paid for" versions as well, but Panda does not tell us that a problem reported for the "free" version is being addressed or not, or if it exists in the paid versions.

If Panda does not start addressing concerns for the "free" users, then one can assume they don't care. Time to pull the plug on Panda and go back to one of the competitors. I liked Panda in general, but will be forced to remove it soon and go to another AV vendor that at least keeps the free version running without crashes.

Sure, other AV vendors have their issues at times too, but why does Panda put up a forum for us to post problems (that may in fact affect the paid versions as well), but ignores us.

Quality testing for their products seems to be lacking as well. There have been other "major" problems with previous releases, which they did address, but the new version 18.01 seems to be forgotten as far as support is concerned.

Return to “Panda Free Antivirus - Issues”