Safe to Recover from Quaratine

Queries regarding Panda free antivirus products will be managed, to the extent possible, by the forum community.
rdd

Safe to Recover from Quaratine

Post by rdd »

An important file located on my usb hard drive was infected with a worm, and panda anti virus quickly jettisoned it to the quarantine folder. Under the action column in the file's listing in the quarantine folder, it says "worm deleted: W32/Autorun.Cl.worm." Is this file now safe to recover the file?
sagor

Re: Safe to Recover from Quaratine

Post by sagor »

NO, recovering from quarantine simply tells Panda to restore the file and ignore any virus flags it detects. It is simply an "override" you are providing. Panda does not dis-infect any virus, it only removes the file and quarantines it...
rdd

Post by rdd »

Thank you for your reply. Do I have any options if I wish to safely recover the file?
sagor

Post by sagor »

No, no way to recover the file itself is the virus is well embedded. A nasty virus can modify the code, and any AV product cannot tell what was modified, only that the file has a virus "signature". Only way to recover an infected file safely, is to re-install the software application, or recover the file from your backups from a few weeks ago (or days before it got infected)
trice001

Post by trice001 »

thanks
Joey5

Post by Joey5 »

These discussion solved my problem.Thanks a lot.

Return to “Panda Free Antivirus - Issues”