Panda Free Antivirus v18.03.00 - PSExpCampaign.exe Error

Queries regarding Panda free antivirus products will be managed, to the extent possible, by the forum community.
LittleMike

Panda Free Antivirus v18.03.00 - PSExpCampaign.exe Error

Post by LittleMike »

Just downloaded and successfully installed Panda Free Antivirus 18.03.00 on my windows xp sp3 machine (29 July 2017). Appears to be working fine except every 15 minutes or so I get a popup stating that PSExpCampaign.exe has a problem and needs to close. The popup prompts me to send a report to Microsoft which I don't since XP is no longer supported. I have screen captures and copies of the saved report files available for upload if needed. I just had my Operating System scanned and repaired so I don't think this is a windows problem. I did not get any error messages from Panda during the install although it took an hour for windows to update my .NET framework to version 4. Any help in fixing this problem would be greatly appreciated.
ljjones

Re: Panda Free Antivirus v18.03.00 - PSExpCampaign.exe Error

Post by ljjones »

Did you ever receive a solution? I have the same problem.
hake

Post by hake »

You are using processors which lack the SSE2 instruction set.
Come on lad! You've only got 70 yards to go.
ljjones

Post by ljjones »

Yes. It's an old Pentium III Compaq. So.... is there no fix for this?
hake

Post by hake »

Yes there is. In Windows XP, Panda runs three services. Only two of those are necessary for Panda's security function capability. Disable the 'Panda Devices Agent' and PSExpCampaign.exe will not be started.

The only users who need to do this are XP users with old pre-SSE2 hardware. I am surprised that Panda has included this inconsistency. They might be using a different compiler or compiler options for PSExpCampaign.exe.

Panda is probably the only Grade 1 AV producer still to support pre-SSE2 processors so I am not complaining about this little 'difficulty' which is really just an irritant. As far as I am concerned, Panda Free Antivirus 18.03.00 is great protection of which Panda should be proud.
hake

Post by hake »

Error reporting to Microsoft can also be disabled but I cannot remember how but there is free software called xp-AntiSpy which can do it. I use xp-AntiSpy.
ljjones

Post by ljjones »

Thanks hake. I disabled the Devices Agent service. Now I'm a happy camper once again.
Daysailer

Post by Daysailer »

I am using Windows XP on a Pentium machine and had this problem. I used Control Panel, Administrative Tools, Services to stop and disable Panda Devices Agent and this seems to have solved the problem.
Darth Panda
Official moderator
Official moderator

Post by Darth Panda »

But that is not a proper solution.
Disabling the agent on panda, will als disable communications with the cloud, and updating servers..

Try renaming the file

c:\programdata\panda Security\Panda Devices Agent\downloads\6569f4a17eccbb65f73cd1b414ee6f22\psexpcampaign.exe

ant turn it into a .ex_ file, so it will not run again. That should solve the issue.

regards
Technical support – Panda Security
www.pandasecurity.com
jr5280

Post by jr5280 »

Darth Panda wrote:But that is not a proper solution.
Disabling the agent on panda, will als disable communications with the cloud, and updating servers..

Try renaming the file

c:\programdata\panda Security\Panda Devices Agent\downloads\6569f4a17eccbb65f73cd1b414ee6f22\psexpcampaign.exe

ant turn it into a .ex_ file, so it will not run again. That should solve the issue.

regards
Renaming the file doesn't solve or work around the problem, as Panda automatically creates a new, properly named copy when it next attempts to run PSExpCampaign.exe.

Return to “Panda Free Antivirus - Issues”