panda av free mysteriously uninstalled, can't reinstall

Queries regarding Panda free antivirus products will be managed, to the extent possible, by the forum community.
ricecrispies

panda av free mysteriously uninstalled, can't reinstall

Post by ricecrispies »

On one of my computers I found today that Panda Free had completely disappeared, even though I hadn't uninstalled it. I couldn't find it in the Windows search box and Windows Defender was doing AV duty. I tried to download and reinstall, but I got a message that an installation was already in progress and I needed to restart the machine. I restarted the machine and tried again, but it failed with the message "There was an error during the process and it failed to complete successfully". I did a scan with Malwarebytes, but it failed to detect anything. I tried to install Panda again and it told me again that there was an installation in progress and I needed to reboot. Is there something malicious going on? How can I get my antivirus working again?
ricecrispies

Re: panda av free mysteriously uninstalled, can't reinstall

Post by ricecrispies »

I've tried again and got an error log this time, but it's larger than the maximum attachment size to upload here. What should I do?

Return to “Panda Free Antivirus - Issues”