NNSPRV.sys BSOD

Queries regarding Panda free antivirus products will be managed, to the extent possible, by the forum community.
LeMiguel72

NNSPRV.sys BSOD

Post by LeMiguel72 »

Computer crashes at least once a day. Minidump says NNSPRV.sys is the problem. I cannot it to nnsprv.sy_ as a temporary solution, because SYSTEM won't give me access.

version.ini:
[VERSION]
VERSION=18.01.00.0001
LINE=4.0
TYPE=Release
NINST=20170509_ConsoleWPF
BRANCH=ConsoleWPF
REV=1
BUILD_DATE=09/05/2017 13:17:02
CID=BCD64418-2593-45DF-98DE-C2166390F88C

[MODULES]
INSTALLER=7.06.00.0020
NNS=4.0.0.391
PSBOOT=1.0.31.0
RKPAVPROC=2.0.11.0

PSinfo: https://mega.nz/#!gHxGSTjL!IXaE2XMIPCps ... J9h9Q8j-2U
Dump: https://mega.nz/#!ZCwVAZ6J!UbYeq7o3ZkQS ... 2sxubZTxeQ

Thanks for the help.
chrishat071

Re: NNSPRV.sys BSOD

Post by chrishat071 »

We have 4 cloud servers running Windows Server 2012 R2, with random restarts starting also on the 31st of Augustus.

I've analyzed the logs files from all 4 server and all point to NNSPrv.sys as the culprit, all 4 servers have Panda Adaptive 360 on them.

Panda please advise on how to fix, I'm also unable to change the extension to .sy_ as temporart solution due to SYSTEM not giving access. The servers also seem to not boot up in Safe Mode.

If renaming the file is the temporary solution, what is the permanent solution?
LeMiguel72

Post by LeMiguel72 »

@chrishat071 - open your own topic.
davidsco27

Post by davidsco27 »

This has been an ongoing repeated problem with Panda Products and Windows 10. I have version 18.03 and the problem STILL exists. They have done NOTHING to fix it. Uninstall the garbage and move on to a better developed and tested products
zdmins

Post by zdmins »

davidsco27 wrote:This has been an ongoing repeated problem with Panda Products and Windows 10. I have version 18.03 and the problem STILL exists. They have done NOTHING to fix it. Uninstall the garbage and move on to a better developed and tested products
Signed up for the sole reason to echo davidsco27's sentiment. The help-desk staff at my company has been dealing with this for months. They've submitted countless tickets with the only resolution being "uninstall and reinstall Panda". Spoiler: that doesnt fix the BSOD.

To Panda support, for what its worth we have noticed a correlation between the NNSPrv.sys BSOD and the end users being on low bandwidth devices, e.g. a hotspot. Not sure if that will help the resolution.

Panda is a product that has massive potential, but it appears they just don't have the funding to staff enough dev's to resolve issues in a timely matter. Googling NNSPRv.sys BSOD links posts as old as 2014. 3 months is a ridiculous amount of time to wait for a fix, but 3 years!!?? Absurd.
Darth Panda
Official moderator
Official moderator

Post by Darth Panda »

Dears,

i will answer you one by one, as you have different solutions:

@chrishat071 open a new topic on "corporate products" as there is a patch for your corporate product.

@LeMiguel72 download and install the product again, as you do have 18.01 version and probably you will sort it with 18.03.01 (last available version)

@davidsco27 and @zdmins

We will need a full dmp captured form the machines. as well as a psinfo form the very same machines.
To capture a full dmp follow the instructions:

Open File Explorer (click the folder icon in the left part of the taskbar).
Right-click This PC and select Properties from the menu.
In the left part of the System window, click Advanced system settings.
In the System Properties window, go to the Advanced tab. In the Startup and Recovery section, click Settings.
In the Startup and Recovery window, select Complete memory dump from the drop-down list.
Specify the folder where the created dump will be stored. To save the ccomplete memory dump successfully, at least 25 GB of free disk space is required. By default, the file is saved under the name MEMORY.DMP (the default path to the file is the following: C:\Windows).
Click OK.
n the System Properties window, click OK.
In the Microsoft Windows window, click Restart now.
Upon restart, reproduce the problem.
Make sure the complete memory dump file has been created successfully (find the file MEMORY.DMP in C:\Windows).

then, in ordetr to get a psinfo from the machine, download, and follow the instrucions following:

From a computer with Internet connection, download and save the Panda Support Information tool in your computer.

http://enterprise.updates.pandasoftware ... OPinfo.exe

Accept the license agreement.
Click the Tools tab, double-click the Enable Advanced logs tool (psinfo2.png). Click Start and replicate the issue. (psinfo3.png)
When you are done replicating the issue press Stop so that no more log files are generated.
Click the Exit button.
Now, access the General tab, fill in your customer and product details and describe your issue.
Tick the Do not send, save local option (psinfo1.png).
Click Start for the hardware and software collection process to begin.
Once completed, send us the resulting file, in .7z format
Example: COMPUTERNAME_[DATE-TIME]_PSInfo.7z
Attach to an email all files requested and send them to us to complete the study of the incident and solve it.

compress and upload the files to

www.wetransfer.com

and send me the link on a private message.

regards
Technical support – Panda Security
www.pandasecurity.com
StrikeFIN

Post by StrikeFIN »

Mary77 wrote:18.03.01 (last available version)
What is difference with 18.03.00 and 18.03.01? Download seem to have 18.03.00, and not 18.03.01 version?
Darth Panda
Official moderator
Official moderator

Post by Darth Panda »

might have been my error. Please download and install the latest download version
if that does not work, fulldmp and psinfo through private message

regards
www.pandasecurity.com
davidsco27

Post by davidsco27 »

Please, I have 18.06, and the problem STILL keeps occurring. Try hiring developers WITH working brains next time
Darth Panda
Official moderator
Official moderator

Post by Darth Panda »

all of you guys getting the nnsprv.sys cna try to change the nbl´s mode on yoru computer

this is done by accessing the registry.

once in the registry, go tho the key:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\NNSNAHSL\Parameters\Internal\

on the right hand side search for the entrance:

NBLMgmtMode

if the value is a 1 change it to 0 and viceversa.

restart the computer, and confirm problem is solved.
www.pandasecurity.com

Return to “Panda Free Antivirus - Issues”