Windows 10 Fall Creators Update support?

Queries regarding Panda free antivirus products will be managed, to the extent possible, by the forum community.
StrikeFIN

Windows 10 Fall Creators Update support?

Post by StrikeFIN »

Panda Free Antivirus supported by new Fall Creators Update?
Reiche

Re: Windows 10 Fall Creators Update support?

Post by Reiche »

+1 for this

I updated to FCU last Friday and the problems began after installing the Antivirus client.

I got the following behaviour:
On every second boot, the Windows start menu, search, settings, etc. were unresponsive. On shutdown (via Alt+F4) I got the message "Task Host Id stopping background tasks (Microsoft\Windows\Plug and Play\Device Install Reboot required)"

Unfortunately I didn't think of uninstalling the Antivirus before I did a clean install of Windows, but I could replicate the issue even on a fresh installation of Win. Installation went fine, Panda was the first software I installed and as a result I got the same problems again. Uninstalling solved it.

I can even replicate the problem now with lots of other software installed now and installing Panda to another drive (tested D instead of C).

I joined a conversation about the problem here:
https://www.tenforums.com/general-suppo ... ystem.html

Running Windows 10 Pro 64 bit 1709

Please devs have a look at this as this is making it impossible for me to use my preferred AV solution.

Regards,
Reiche
CJ166

Post by CJ166 »

Hi,

https://www.pandasecurity.com/mediacent ... indows-10/

It is clarified that the Microsoft update is presenting errors.
Panda Partner Colombia.
Reiche

Post by Reiche »

Unfortunately this answer isn't of any use for me. I think I got your intentions and I absolutely don't blame the devs for anything. Their product worked fine before the update and obviously the update messed up things. But on the other hand, the Panda software is tied to the result of the error. In my opinion, it's not the worst situation when a user reports an error which he can even replicate. It's at least an indicator where to look for the error.

(Please don't get me wrong, I'm thankful for your reply and your intention to clarify things.)
Liborhul

Post by Liborhul »

Start button, then select Settings > Accounts > Sign-in options.
Privacy section, turn off Use my sign in info to automatically finish setting up my device after an update or restart.
Darth Panda
Official moderator
Official moderator

Post by Darth Panda »

The problem with the Panda versions on the market is: we do work on the OS core. If the OS is not stable, or does not work fine, we do have problems.
Like using rocket fuel on a 1950´s car.
Technical support – Panda Security
www.pandasecurity.com
wheemer

Post by wheemer »

I just installed your free antivirus yesterday and today my start menu doesn't work.

Kinda makes sense why I had not heard of it before, I guess with the fact that it buggy as hell and never updated might be the reason.

Why even bother offering the download when it's so terrible?
wheemer

Post by wheemer »

I can't even uninstall this piece of trash software... your program has messed up my windows 10 to the point where I can barely do anything anymore...

I will make sure to let everyone know that this software is a complete waste of time and don't even bother installing it unless you want a buggy windows where half the stuff fails to work anymore.

How does this even still exist as a company?
Darth Panda
Official moderator
Official moderator

Post by Darth Panda »

Dear wheemer

@wheemer Windows still exists as a company, because most of the computers, including yours, do buy their software.

if only your computer is trashy after installing on it panda software. but it does not happen on your neighbours computer, or on the other neighbour´s computer....could it mean the problem is with, and only with your computer?

If so, check your windows updates, check your drivers and get the drivers from the manufacturers comanies, and not the generic windows drivers, and after that, tell us what is the software you were installing, and the version for it.

regards.
Technical support – Panda Security
www.pandasecurity.com
Biggieboy19

Post by Biggieboy19 »

dear @mary77

i would agree with you if i did'nt had this problem on 25 different customer computers.

everytime i install panda as a service for them the problem occurs, i can turn it off in register so the customers won't have the problem.
im used to big company's blaming bugs on other problems but themselfs. i see panda is no different.
the problem lays with panda and windows update not working together, get your shit fixed instead of trashing your customers.

im switching to another free service for now.

have a good day.

Return to “Panda Free Antivirus - Issues”