Panda AV Icon Keeps Disappearing

Queries regarding Panda free antivirus products will be managed, to the extent possible, by the forum community.
superheating

Panda AV Icon Keeps Disappearing

Post by superheating »

Hi, I have been having this issue, lately. When my Windows fully loads, I see the Panda icon, but minutes later it disappears. The only way to bring it on is to start Panda AV and it loads permanently until the next restart. Is there a fix to this? I am using Windows 7 x64 and Panda Free AV v18.03.00 (from About).
Darth Panda
Official moderator
Official moderator

Re: Panda AV Icon Keeps Disappearing

Post by Darth Panda »

when your icon dissapears:

is it still active?

check on:

http://www.eicar.org/download/eicar.com

When you icon is not showing try to donwload this file, and check if there is a toast advising the file has been deleted.
Technical support – Panda Security
www.pandasecurity.com
superheating

Post by superheating »

I believe it is active. When I download that file, even though the program does not remove it. It resets it to 0 bytes. Though, with the panda icon not showing, I do not receive a notification.

After I launch the app, when I download that file, I receive a notification that it has been deleted. Though, same behavior, it resets the file to 0 byte.
Darth Panda
Official moderator
Official moderator

Post by Darth Panda »

On your computer press the keys
windows+R
and rn the following command:

msconfig

then go to the tab

windows startup

Check if you do have there a line like this:
panda startup.png
panda startup.png (1.48 KiB) Viewed 10672 times
And if it is enabled or disabled.
It should be enabled
www.pandasecurity.com
superheating

Post by superheating »

It shows as "Panda Cloud Antivirus" on msconfig and it is enabled. Here is a copy/paste from Autoruns.

"PSUAMain" "AV Console" "Panda Security, S.L." "c:\program files (x86)\panda security\panda security protection\psuamain.exe"

The problem I have is that for some reason the icon hides after a while from starting Windows. When I launch the AV the icon persists until I restart the computer. Note that this is a fresh installation of Windows.
Darth Panda
Official moderator
Official moderator

Post by Darth Panda »

Ok.. What could it be there, getting rid of the panda icon?
because it looks like the antivirus still works on the background.

Is there another antivirus? or a Ccleaner kind of program?
check on the evetn viewer, to see what does happend right before the icon dissapears.

Start the computer, checking the time you do this
Wait until the icon dissapears checking the time this happens.

Now on your keyboard press

Windows+R

and run

eventvwr

ther eyou can check on the system events or the software events. on the time it did dissapear.
Anything providing a clue?
www.pandasecurity.com
superheating

Post by superheating »

I could not find anything on event viewer worth mentioning. I have checked only for today because the event happened today, also. I have tried searching for panda and I have found the following that happened 3 days ago:

Code: Select all

Windows detected your registry file is still in use by other applications or services. The file will be unloaded now. The applications or services that hold your registry file may not function properly afterwards.  

DETAIL - 
 5 user registry handles leaked from \Registry\User\*censored-code*:
Process 2052 (\Device\HarddiskVolume2\Program Files (x86)\Panda Security\Panda Security Protection\PSANHost.exe) has opened key \REGISTRY\USER\*censoredcode*
Process 2052 (\Device\HarddiskVolume2\Program Files (x86)\Panda Security\Panda Security Protection\PSANHost.exe) has opened key \REGISTRY\USER\*censoredcode*\Software\Microsoft\SystemCertificates\trust
Process 2052 (\Device\HarddiskVolume2\Program Files (x86)\Panda Security\Panda Security Protection\PSANHost.exe) has opened key \REGISTRY\USER\*censoredcode*\Software\Microsoft\SystemCertificates\SmartCardRoot
Process 2052 (\Device\HarddiskVolume2\Program Files (x86)\Panda Security\Panda Security Protection\PSANHost.exe) has opened key \REGISTRY\USER\*censoredcode*\Software\Microsoft\SystemCertificates\Root
Process 2052 (\Device\HarddiskVolume2\Program Files (x86)\Panda Security\Panda Security Protection\PSANHost.exe) has opened key \REGISTRY\USER\*censoredcode*\Software\Policies\Microsoft\SystemCertificates

This is a warning and it happened several times on my event viewer. The censoredcode is my user ID.
Darth Panda
Official moderator
Official moderator

Post by Darth Panda »

What is your operating system?
Windows XP? Vista? 7?
www.pandasecurity.com
superheating

Post by superheating »

Thanks for all the effort, Darth Panda. It is Windows 7 x64 as stated at the first post.
superheating

Post by superheating »

Here is some more information. With the icon disappearing I see the following Panda processes on my Process Explorer:

AgentSvc.exe, PSANHost.exe, PSUAService.exe

After I launch the panda interface and see the icon, then close the interface:

AgentSvc.exe, PSANHost.exe, PSUAMain.exe, PSUAService.exe

So, it is not just an icon issue, it is PSUAMain.exe closing/crashing for some reason.

Return to “Panda Free Antivirus - Issues”