Your PC is Not Protected

Queries regarding Panda free antivirus products will be managed, to the extent possible, by the forum community.
djemkitso

Your PC is Not Protected

Post by djemkitso »

I am using Panda Dome 18.05 (free edition) under Windows 10.

Since the latest Windows feature update, Panda repeatedly tells me "Your PC is Not Protected" and displays a "Fix" button. When I press the button, I receive the following message: "Critical alert: An error occurred in the protection. To solve the problem we recommend restarting your computer."

Restarting the computer and starting Panda (without even running a scan), the exact same error repeats again, about ten minutes after startup.

Your help is appreciated.

David Ellis
djemkitso@verizon.net.
andavari

Re: Your PC is Not Protected

Post by andavari »

You should probably edit out your email address so that spam bots don't get it!
magaliheroux

Post by magaliheroux »

I have the exact same issue, except that this wasn't after a feature update, but on a fresh Windows 10 install. Build 1709 x64. Never had problems with Panda before on this exact same build of Windows 10. I hope the folks at Panda will fix this quickly.
Rhuan

Post by Rhuan »

Same problem.
Error occurred after a new program installation.
It happens with all the domestic versions for pc.

Windows 8.1 x64
Darth Panda
Official moderator
Official moderator

Post by Darth Panda »

Try latest version:

http://acs.pandasoftware.com/Panda/FREE ... FREEAV.exe

if that does not work, try sending the psinfo for the machine:

Panda Support Information tool

From a computer with Internet connection, download and save the Panda Support Information tool in your computer.

http://enterprise.updates.pandasoftware ... OPinfo.exe

Accept the license agreement.

Now, access the General tab, fill in your customer and product details and describe your issue.
Tick the Do not send, save local option (psinfo1.png).
Click Start for the hardware and software collection process to begin.
Once completed, send us the resulting file, in .7z format
Example: COMPUTERNAME_[DATE-TIME]_PSInfo.7z
Attach to an email all files requested and send them to us to complete the study of the incident and solve it.
Technical support – Panda Security
www.pandasecurity.com
Rhuan

Post by Rhuan »

Did you try to reproduce the error in the laboratory? Here every summer of the dome is giving this problem.
Darth Panda
Official moderator
Official moderator

Post by Darth Panda »

we are not able to reproduce the problem, that is why we are requesting a psinfo: to check what is wrong with te installation on your computer.
www.pandasecurity.com
Moby Duck

Post by Moby Duck »

Your PC is not Protected

I have exactly the same problem as David Ellis viz:-
I am using Panda Dome 18.05 (free edition) under Windows 10 Pro. Panda Dome latest addition downloaded 2 May 2018.

Since the latest Windows feature update, Panda repeatedly tells me "Your PC is Not Protected" and displays a "Fix" button. When I press the button, I receive the following message: "Critical alert: An error occurred in the protection. To solve the problem we recommend restarting your computer."

Restarting the computer and starting Panda (without even running a scan), the exact same error repeats again, about ten minutes after startup.

Have deleted Panda and re-downloaded installation files/re-installed twice but get same faulty result.

One of the worst installations of any programme that I have ever done, it takes forever with re-boots that go nowhere and I have to start again over and over again. Continually trying to log myself into Panda and Panda Forums (are they even the same place), have had name and password problems, alright one day, gone the next. Have wasted about 5 hours trying to sort this. Had a guts full of you Panda, you have been good up until the Dome "update" and I was about to buy the paid version but not now. If you can't sort out a simple download/installation, how can I trust you to get the virus protection right?
Moby Duck

Post by Moby Duck »

Have tried the link recommended by Darth Panda to sort this out and it doesn't run either.

http://enterprise.updates.pandasoftware ... OPinfo.exe

Tried 5 times now and only one of those times did I manage to get the licence screen agreement up, ticked agree and got a customer ID screen that wouldn't accept any typing in the ID box then disappeared altogether when I moved to the next screen. I am beginning to think that Panda aren't up to the job.
Darth Panda
Official moderator
Official moderator

Post by Darth Panda »

Problem should be fixed by now. Update your AV, and check if solved.

regards
www.pandasecurity.com

Return to “Panda Free Antivirus - Issues”