How disable full system scan by free Panda Dome?

Queries regarding Panda free antivirus products will be managed, to the extent possible, by the forum community.
Joanna3489

How disable full system scan by free Panda Dome?

Post by Joanna3489 »

Yesterday I installed Panda Dome on my Mom's laptop. Began full system scan, but it was so slow that I want to disable it. It scanned many hours my Mom's laptop, don't detected any virus, it scanned only 16 000 files. Today I tried disabling this full system scan, I even restarted my Mom's laptop and it started again full system scan. I probably don't have any viruses of my Mom's laptop, because I had before free Bitdefender Anti-Virus and it was good software, but I uninstalled it, I installed again, for few days, free Avast, I uninstalled it because someone told mi that Panda Dome is better than Avast. But I think it waste my time, when Panda Dome doing full system scan. How to disable full system scan by free Panda Dome?*

* Sorry for my poor English; isn't my native language.
Darth Panda
Official moderator
Official moderator

Re: How disable full system scan by free Panda Dome?

Post by Darth Panda »

First installation always comes with a full scan.let it finish, and it will never do a free scan on its own never again.
Technical support – Panda Security
www.pandasecurity.com
Joanna3489

Post by Joanna3489 »

How many days it can last this first system scan? It's about a laptop, fortunately recently he was cleared of dust and it doesn't overheat. Probably.

Fortunately this first system scan doesn't overload the processor.

OK, I don't stop this first scan. All files are scanned?
Darth Panda
Official moderator
Official moderator

Post by Darth Panda »

it shold take minutos, maybe an hour but no more than that
www.pandasecurity.com
Joanna3489

Post by Joanna3489 »

For me, scanning is so slow that it will last for a few days.

On my Mom's laptop I installed Comodo Firewall Free, Zemana AntiLogger Beta, McShield, Unchecky and WinPatrol Free. I disabled half security in Zemana AntiLogger and this first scan was quicker. But now, after over a day, just over 20,000 files have been scanned.

I don't want to disable or uninstall other security software.

I saw one topic where someone turn on scheduled scan and it took a few days. And he don't can stop this scan or uninstall your antivirus.

Will the scan start again after updating your antivirus?

I don't want to uninstall Panda Dome Free, without testing it.
Darth Panda
Official moderator
Official moderator

Post by Darth Panda »

we do not recommend having more than one security program installed, as it can "eat up" all the computeres resources, when all security programs try to scan the same file at the same time.

You should disable all security software but panda, and try an analysis. if it goes smooth, you know the problem is on the mountain of security programs installed.
www.pandasecurity.com
Joanna3489

Post by Joanna3489 »

Ok, I disabled HIPS protection in Comodo Firewall, and Viruscope... I want to ask you: Panda Dome Free contains a Firewall? If yes I will probably uninstall Comodo Firewall.

Edit: I uninstalled Comodo Firewall, restarted laptop and Panda Dome Free again began full system scan. Later I will install overlay on the system firewall*. I think full system scan is still to slow. I don't disable security in Zemana AntiLogger, and other security software. I turn off WinPatrol Free. McShield protect USB drive, pendrive against viruses, etc., probably I should uninstall it? Because Panda Dome Free secures the pendrive, but McShield scan pendrive faster. Zemana AntiLogger beta protect computer against Keylogger, ScreenLogger, WebcamLogger, ClipoboardLogger, etc.

* Sorry for my poor English.

Edit 2: I disabled almost all protection in Zemana AntiLogger Beta, the first system scan it's still to slow. I turn off McShield. Several hours have passed and the scan included over 3,000 files.
Darth Panda
Official moderator
Official moderator

Post by Darth Panda »

My, God, so many protections going on at the same time, no wonder scanning is slow. Are you sure you need all that?
There are pay programs that could cover all the same, in only one program, avoiding incompatibilities among the protection modules. You might be safer going for a paying licence, rather than 100+ free security programs.

My Advice:

Uninstall everything. But keep a copy for the installer, if you want, to reinstall if you do not fell confortable without them.

NOw install only, and only Panda Dome.

Try now the speed scanning.

Information on how it goes would be appreciated.

regards.
www.pandasecurity.com
Joanna3489

Post by Joanna3489 »

Darth Panda wrote:My, God, so many protections going on at the same time, no wonder scanning is slow. Are you sure you need all that?
There are pay programs that could cover all the same, in only one program, avoiding incompatibilities among the protection modules. You might be safer going for a paying licence, rather than 100+ free security programs.
Sorry but I don't want to uninstall Zemana AntiLogger Beta, or other security software's. I just disabled all other security software's and I don't feel good with this. Even I uninstalled Comodo Firewall with pro-active security. Your software don't protect against WebCam Logger, ScreenLogger, Keylogger, etc. I turned off all this protection. :(

On my computer, PC, I have to many security software's but I will not install Panda Dome Free there. I know to many protection is not good idea. But on my Mom's laptop I disabled all other protection.

First system scan should be faster. I probably can uninstall McShield, and Unchecky, WinPatrol Free but I don't want to uninstall Zemana AntiLogger Beta- I turned off all it protection.

When I disabled protection of Unchecky, first scan was little faster.

I want to try free Panda Dome.

@Darth Panda, I just tried send you private message, but it was classified as spam. I don't know why.

Edit: @Darth Panda, I listened to your advice: I uninstalled all protection, even Zemana AntiLogger Beta, and Panda Dome Free. Later I restarted my Mom's laptop and I installed again Panda Dome Free. Panda Dome Free again began full system scan. For now it scanned 6000 files.

Now scan takes a few hours, and it scan over 7000 files... It's still so slow. :(

Really I can't disable this first system scan?

Edit2: I don't want to uninstall Panda Dome Free and install free Bitdefender Anti-Virus. I even turned on the full scan manually but the first system scan isn't over. :(

I remind you: it's about the laptop. Laptop is been launched for few's days ago. I don't want it to overheat.
Joanna3489

Post by Joanna3489 »

Because uninstalling of other security software's didn't help, scan was slowly, I uninstall Panda Dome Free and install other security software's.

Best regards: Joanna.

Return to “Panda Free Antivirus - Issues”