Installation faults out; then igdumd32.dll error

Queries regarding Panda free antivirus products will be managed, to the extent possible, by the forum community.
paul1149

Installation faults out; then igdumd32.dll error

Post by paul1149 »

Twice now installing Panda Dome from the stub file has ended in error, and in the offer to download a different installation file. The first time I did the download, and it worked. This time I went to %appdata%\local, found the Panda install file, and used it to Repair the install.

BTW, despite the failure message, Panda was hanging around in the tasktray.

Anyway, after rebooting, upon calling Panda I got three repetitive errors, something like "c:\windows\system32\ygdumd32.dll is not a valid file," blah blah blah. I went to that location to find that there is no such file (I'm on Win10, 1809, x64, a brand new install.

I don't know why all the errors. I guess I'm going to download the suggested file and hold onto it for future installs. I was avoiding this because I always wanted to install the latest, to avoid the rather onerous update process.
paul1149

Re: Installation faults out; then igdumd32.dll error

Post by paul1149 »

A fresh reinstall, 18.6..., was successful, but on clicking Panda brought the same igdumd32.dll error. No Windows updates are available.
paul1149

Post by paul1149 »

Here's the error being thrown. It's an older Celeron 900 unit, with 3gb of ram, fresh install of Win10, running great:

---------------------------
PSUAConsole.exe - Bad Image
C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\igdumd32.dll is either not designed to run on Windows or it contains an error. Try installing the program again using the original installation media or contact your system administrator or the software vendor for support. Error status 0xc000012f.
OK
paul1149

Post by paul1149 »

Good news. An extra reboot seems to have solved the problem. Not sure what was going on, but Panda opened fine this time.

BTW, I have to log in every time here, despite using the "remember me" option. Just wondering whether that's policy or something is wrong with my set up.
paul1149

Post by paul1149 »

I thought the problem was resolved. Today I opened the machine again, the first time in two weeks, and there was the error again. I copied the .dll file over from a 32bit Win10 machine (as I said, the 32 bit .dll file wasn't even present on the x64bit machine), rebooted, and still get the error. The 32bit donor machine has Panda running on it fine, to my knowledge.

This really concerns me because last night I got a similar error, concerning "PresentationNative_v0400.dll", on a different machine. Since these are system files in \system32, they are a pain to replace, and now, even replacing the file isn't solving the problem.

Both machines are Toshiba C655, one is Intel, the other AMD. But if this is a chronic problem, and if it resurfaces after I think I have it solved, and after I've sent the machine out, this is a completely unworkable situation for me. This problem has occurred only with Panda, amid regular installation of a dozen other programs.

Since I have tried multiple ways of installing Panda on this machine, all without success, I regrettably am going to abort and go back to Defender.
Darth Panda
Official moderator
Official moderator

Post by Darth Panda »

Ok.
Technical support – Panda Security
www.pandasecurity.com
barbaradevlins

Post by barbaradevlins »

Hi, I'd like to find out the reasons why panda antivirus is better than the others?
best writings with https://bestwritingservice.com/
Darth Panda
Official moderator
Official moderator

Post by Darth Panda »

Technical support – Panda Security
www.pandasecurity.com

Return to “Panda Free Antivirus - Issues”