Panda Antivirus Pro Firewall Settings Program Control User Rules Makes New Rule on Reboot

Post your query about Panda Global Protection, Panda Internet Security and Panda Gold Protection here!
Delar

Panda Antivirus Pro Firewall Settings Program Control User Rules Makes New Rule on Reboot

Post by Delar »

I purchased Panda Antivirus Pro software. In Settings -> Firewall -> Program Control -> User Rules I have a rule sshd.exe (Allow incoming)

Applies to: A specific program (sshd.exe OpenSSH)
Action: Allow inbound connections
Zones: All three
Protocol: TCP/UDP
Remote ports: All
Addresses: IP address xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx-yyy.yyy.yyy.yyy

The purpose of the Firewall rule is to ONLY allow specific IP address range access to the OpenSSH software, which I am assuming I am setting correctly. However every time the PC is rebooted a NEW rule sshd.exe (Allow incoming) is created in the FIRST position of the Firewall Settings that is identical to my rule except that it allows ALL IP addresses.

I delete this new rule sshd.exe (Allow incoming) that is automatically created on PC reboot and then reboot the PC again and a new rule is recreated each time. I modify this automatically created rule and a NEW rule sshd.exe (Allow incoming) is created on each PC reboot.

Please advise on how I should proceed with this issue.
Delar

Re: Panda Antivirus Pro Firewall Settings Program Control User Rules Makes New Rule on Reboot

Post by Delar »

Furthermore I do not believe that the firewall rules are working.

I created two firewall rules:

1) Name: MY sshd.exe (Allow incoming)
Applies to: A specific program OpenSSH sshd.exe
Action: Allow inbound connections
Remote Ports: All
Addresses: IP Address xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx-yyy.yyy.yyy.yyy

2) Name: MY sshd.exe (Allow outgoing)
Applies to: A specific program OpenSSH sshd.exe
Action: Allow outbound connections
Remote Ports: All
Addresses: IP Address xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx-yyy.yyy.yyy.yyy

I connect and log in successfully to the OpenSSH application even though my IP Address is NOT in the range specified in the firewall rule (i.e. zzz.zzz.zzz.zzz). Shouldn't these two rules prevent me from being able to access the sshd.exe?

I went through the entire list of Program Control User Rules and verified that there are no other rules for the ssdh.exe present. I moved my two rules MY sshd.exe (Allow outgoing) and MY sshd.exe (Allow incoming) to the TOP of the User Rules list to see if that had any effect, which it did not.

I closed the Panda Antivirus Pro window, stopped the Panda Antivirus Pro and restarted it and went back into the Firewall settings and a NEW sshd.exe (Allow incoming) rule was created yet again.
Delar

Re: Panda Antivirus Pro Firewall Settings Program Control User Rules Makes New Rule on Reboot

Post by Delar »

Can I please get assistance with my Panda software? I posted on Thu, 23 Mar 2017, 10:58 and still haven't received a response.

Return to “Consumer - Issues”