False positive

Post your query about Panda Global Protection, Panda Internet Security and Panda Gold Protection here!
jcdeblok

False positive

Post by jcdeblok »

On of the site I maintain for a client is being blocked by panda for some reason. Nothing strange on the server and all the other malware scanners see no issues:

https://www.seniorservice.nl/

Please have a look at it and when it's removed from the blacklist what is the timeframe for those changes to roll out to all panda users?
hedgeaus

Re: False positive

Post by hedgeaus »

I have 3rd party antivirus scanner which detect as a virus 0x1000000A.sig Clam Win Trojan) which located in Panada's Cache folder.
Most of the time you can neutralize it, but sometimes fails.
is this file part of Panda
Darth Panda
Official moderator
Official moderator

Post by Darth Panda »

Dear Client

Basically is the file which holds a database for detectable virus. That is our virus detection file
If it keeps neutralizing it our antivirus will not work properlly, thus making completely unpractical to habe both antivirus installed.

Regards.
Technical support – Panda Security
www.pandasecurity.com
simone_jansen

Post by simone_jansen »

I have many false positives since I installed Panda Security, is there a general setting I can change to improve this?
Darth Panda
Official moderator
Official moderator

Post by Darth Panda »

Hi,

No directly, but you can send us the files (zipped with the password: panda) and the log of the antivirus so PandaLabs could check if the detection is correct or not.

Best Regards

Darth
Technical support – Panda Security
www.pandasecurity.com

Return to “Consumer - Issues”