Virtual keyboard window is invisible

Post your query about Panda Global Protection, Panda Internet Security and Panda Gold Protection here!
square.wave

Virtual keyboard window is invisible

Post by square.wave »

Hi,

I am using Panda Global Protection 17.0.1 on a Windows 10 system. Recently I have noticed that the virtual keyboard tool will no longer appear on the screen. When I open it, it creates an icon in the taskbar to indicate it's running, but the active window is nowhere to be found. I've tried disabling multiple displays, gathering windows, using Alt-Tab to cycle to it, but it's as if the window is permanently stuck in the background.

Is anyone else encountering this issue?
Darth Panda
Official moderator
Official moderator

Re: Virtual keyboard window is invisible

Post by Darth Panda »

Dear Client,

Why do you think this is related to malware or the antivirus?

Check te corners of your screen. If you are able to move the "centro of the screen" a little bit to each cardinal point, you might see it.
Do yoy have a second screen?
Try to find it there.

I think it has to do with the actual position on your screen rather than to anything else.

regards.
Technical support – Panda Security
www.pandasecurity.com
square.wave

Post by square.wave »

Hi,

I am continuing to experience this problem with the virtual keyboard appearing nowhere on the screen (single display). It opens and has a taskbar icon, and I can see a preview of it with Alt-Tab, so I am certain that it is running. But it never comes to the foreground, it behaves as though it is permanently minimized.

However, I have determined this is a problem for one user only. If I login under any other user the virtual keyboard behaves normally. This makes me suspect the problem is due to something unique to that user's profile on the system. Does the Virtual Keyboard application read configuration data that tells it for example which display and window position to use? A config file or registry key that is unique for each user?
Darth Panda
Official moderator
Official moderator

Post by Darth Panda »

Hi,

Sorry but we don't have an specific entry in the registry to the Virtual Keyboard.

If the incident is solved starting the computer with other user profile, it seems a problem with that profile.

Try uninstalling Password Depot 8 - Panda Secure Vault Edition

On the Start menu, enter Control Panel in the search box and select Control Panel from the results.

Select Programs > Programs and Features, and then select the program.

Regards,
Technical support – Panda Security
www.pandasecurity.com

Return to “Consumer - Issues”