Encrypted files no longer valid after installing Password Depot 8

Post your query about Panda Global Protection, Panda Internet Security and Panda Gold Protection here!
mikalorr

Encrypted files no longer valid after installing Password Depot 8

Post by mikalorr »

Hello,
I reinstalled Panda Global Protection, from disc, which also included the newest update to Password Depot 8. One of my important files was encrypted using the last version of Password Depot. The file format is saved as .pwde. Password depot 8, apparently, does not recognize this file type and it will not decrypt the file. If anyone know how I can safely retrieve my file, I would really appreciate it. I contacted Tech. support and they want more money for their Tech to "access my computer". I also contacted customer service and we were disconnected for the second time, after waiting 30 minutes to talk with them. If this issue isn't resolved, I will find another anti-virus. So far, this has been poor customer service. By the way, I pay a yearly fee for your product. Thank you to anyone that may offer me some assistance.
mikalorr

Re: Encrypted files no longer valid after installing Password Depot 8

Post by mikalorr »

Hello,
I have been able to open my file, now. Thank you and disregard the previous message. Apparently, in my previous version, I could double click on the file and it would open the password box. Now, I have to right-click, click on decrypt, and then enter the password. So, somewhat user error. Thank you.
Darth Panda
Official moderator
Official moderator

Re: Encrypted files no longer valid after installing Password Depot 8

Post by Darth Panda »

For next time,
If you uninstall and reinstall the antivirus, it is possible password depot will stop working properly, as it goes with the Panda License and installation.
fo rnwxt time I would like to suggest uninstalling pasword depot, and copying your passwords on some kind of hardware backup, like writting them down.
When new installation is completed, you can enter again passwords, and destroy the paper.
Technical support – Panda Security
www.pandasecurity.com

Return to “Consumer - Issues”