[SOLVED] PSUAmain 100% CPU Usage

Container for RESOLVED incidents, queries SOLVED by the experts, EXPIRED topics or those that have been CLOSED by the users.
bilvihur

[SOLVED] PSUAmain 100% CPU Usage

Post by bilvihur »

Running Ver 16 of PANDA Cloud AV on Windows 7. Booted this morning and couldn't start any pgms. Found that PSUAmain.exe was using 100% of CPU. This had happened a few months ago and was advised to uninstall PANDA and install the new version. I uninstalled again and I'm running without an AV. I like PANDA, but if this problem persists, I will consider a new AV. Any suggestions?

I suspect this should be in the 2016 Forum. If so, moderator please move it.
VirusBuster
Official moderator
Official moderator

Re: PSUAmain 100% CPU Usage

Post by VirusBuster »

We will need a PCOPInfo to study the issue
While we study the data run a scan with Panda Cloud Cleaner
Regards,

Jorge Torre
TechSupport Department - Panda Security

I don't reply to private messages unless I have previously requested them
bilvihur

Post by bilvihur »

Attached please find the PCOPinfo.dat file created by PCOPInfo. Also be aware that I had to change the .dat to .7z in order to attach it. If this is incorrect, I will do it again, but I followed the PCOPInfo tutorial.
PCOPinfo.7z
(741.65 KiB) Downloaded 361 times
VirusBuster
Official moderator
Official moderator

Post by VirusBuster »

The .dat file is generated with some information for being able to run pcopinfo.exe
Once you click the start button, a message will indicate that the tool has started to collect the required data and will then hide.
When the data collection finishes, a new message indicates the path where the file has been saved to in the following format: COMPUTERNAME_[DATE-TIME]_PCOPinfo.7z
So the process may still be running
Regards,

Jorge Torre
TechSupport Department - Panda Security

I don't reply to private messages unless I have previously requested them
bilvihur

Post by bilvihur »

And now I see the real .7z file on the desktop! Sorry for mistake. However, it is 2.2MB, which exceeds the 1MB attachable filesize limitation. What to do?
bilvihur

Post by bilvihur »

I've tried to split the .7z file into smaller files, but 7-Zip asks me for a password... :?:
bilvihur

Post by bilvihur »

I ran PCOPInfo again with hopes of a smaller .7z filesize, but it's still 2.2MB, and I cannot attach it in a reply. Can you suggest a work-around?
bilvihur

Post by bilvihur »

I apologize for causing so much confusion, but I now realize I was running the Panda Free Antivirus pgm when the PSUAmain issue occurred! I have re-installed Free Version 16.0.1, and it looks to be running normally.
multimedia

Post by multimedia »

Hi,

I want to indicate a problem which is characteristic of your products, in particular Panda Free Antivirus and Panda Antivirus Pro, versions 2014-2015-2016.
I have observed that at the moment of every automatical version updating of antivirus (for example from 2015 to 2016 version), the current version stops to work and the PC becomes very slow, and also the internet connection. I have to delete the antivirus with Panda Generic Uninstaller and I have to re-install the new version of the Panda Antivirus in order to solving the problem.
bilvihur

Post by bilvihur »

i wasn't aware of Panda doing an automatic update, but that could have been the case. The PC slowdown is almost certainly the result of the PSUAmain process grabbing all CPU cycles. We can only wait for VirusBuster to offer a suggestion...

Return to “Consumer - Archive Issues”