[SOLVED] [04428599] Disables Teredo tunneling

Container for RESOLVED incidents, queries SOLVED by the experts, EXPIRED topics or those that have been CLOSED by the users.
Dch48

[SOLVED] [04428599] Disables Teredo tunneling

Post by Dch48 »

I was forced to uninstall Panda because it was disabling teredo tunneling at startup of my computer. I am playing Windows 10 Games like Forza: Horizon 3 and they have to have Teredo enabled to access any of the online features. I have gone back to Windows Defender because everything works with it. As soon as I completely uninstalled Panda Free, my problems with accessing online features in the games disappeared and the service was no longer being automatically disabled. It's a shame because I really like Panda. I think this is an issue that needs to be addressed.
VirusBuster
Official moderator
Official moderator

Re: Disables Teredo tunneling

Post by VirusBuster »

What Panda product version are you using? You can check it in the version.ini file located in the antivirus installation folder
It doesn't make much sense as Panda Free Antivirus doesn't include firewall protection
Does the problem persist if you disable the process monitor protection?
Regards,

Jorge Torre
TechSupport Department - Panda Security

I don't reply to private messages unless I have previously requested them
Dch48

Post by Dch48 »

I was using the latest version, 17 something, but the same thing was happening with 16. I can't tell you if it does it with Process Monitor off because I uninstalled the program. Just turning it off didn't fix the issue since the services and processes still loaded at startup. There is something in the product that changes the registry setting for Teredo to disabled when Panda gets loaded.

The registry setting is at, HKLM\System\CurrentControlSet\Services\TcpIp6\Parameters
A key is added reading, DisabledComponents\ REG_DWORD 0x8e

if the value is changed to 0X0 and the system is restarted, Teredo works but, checking the registry reveals that the setting has been changed back to 0X8e and another reboot results in Teredo not working again. When Panda Free is removed, the registry setting no longer gets changed. On my other Win 10 device which has never had Panda installed, the DisabledComponents key doesn't even exist.
VirusBuster
Official moderator
Official moderator

Post by VirusBuster »

Dch48 wrote:I can't tell you if it does it with Process Monitor off because I uninstalled the program
We need to know the result of this test
Regards,

Jorge Torre

Dch48

Post by Dch48 »

Then do it yourself. It should be easy for you to try and replicate the issue. I'm not reinstalling Panda just to do your job for you. I told you what it does and it's irrefutable. Just check the registry key I posted and see what happens.
mezball

Post by mezball »

I can confirm there is an issue with Panda anti-virus and Teredo tunneling with Win 10 Pro, and the Xbox app. After much searching, and trying everything mentioned in the below linked article from Microsoft. When I uninstall Panda, Teredo Tunneling worked.

http://support.xbox.com/en-US/xbox-on-w ... party-chat

"Solution 4: If you’re using one of the following security software programs

In some cases, the security software programs listed below have been found to interrupt a PC’s ability to use Windows Teredo tunneling software. If your computer can’t get a Teredo IP address, you won’t be able to play multiplayer games or take advantage of the Xbox Live party service. If you have one of these security programs on your PC, make sure you have updated the software to the latest version, or see their support documentation to determine how to enable Teredo tunneling with their software.

Bit Defender Internet Security: Update to the latest version, or contact their support at http://www.bitdefender.com/support/.
AVG Internet Security: Update to the latest version, or contact their support at https://support.avg.com/.
Panda Internet Security 2015 and 2016: Update to the latest version, or contact their support at http://www.pandasecurity.com/usa/homeusers/support/.
VirusBuster
Official moderator
Official moderator

Post by VirusBuster »

I haven't been able to replicate the issue in my Windows 10 Pro 64 bits machine even after rebooting a couple of times after having installed Panda Free Antivirus (17.00.01.0000), Teredo tunneling is not being disabled
I even checked the keys indicated in step 5 from http://support.xbox.com/en-US/xbox-on-w ... party-chat and there is no sign of Teredo being disabled

You say you are using version 17, but is it 17.00.01.0000 or 17.00.00.0000?
Regards,

Jorge Torre

Dch48

Post by Dch48 »

Do you have the Xbox app installed and did you test and see if it connects? I suppose you would also need an Xbox account and ID tag. I have Windows 10 Home 64 bit and the problem existed exactly as I have posted. The registry keys showed teredo disabled after a reboot. It does not happen using Windows Defender or one of your competitor's new free offering which is still in beta. I was using whatever Panda free version installs using the latest installer but, as I said, it also happened using v16.
VirusBuster
Official moderator
Official moderator

Post by VirusBuster »

Xbox app is installed and updated, however I hadn't login into it
So I used my Microsoft account to login into Xbox app but the problem is neither present
I reinstalled Panda Free Antivirus again just in case and Teredo Tunneling is still enabled even after several reboots

Did you install Panda Safe Web upon installing Panda Free Antivirus?
Regards,

Jorge Torre

Dch48

Post by Dch48 »

Yes I did install Safe web, but later uninstalled it while leaving the url filtering in place.

Return to “Consumer - Archive Issues”