Display microscopic on ultra HDMI display

Ritergeek

Display microscopic on ultra HDMI display

Post by Ritergeek »

I have a year-old Lenovo Yoga 2 Plus laptop with an ultra HD display of 3200 x 1800. Letters in display text on the Panda dashboard and other display panels are less than 1 mm high, impossible to read without using the magnifier app.

Ultra hi res displays are becoming increasingly common and most software vendors are adjusting their products to display appropriately. I'm disappointed to discover that Panda is behind the curve on this. Yes, I'd rather be protected well than have a dazzling display on a weak product, but I'm hardly motivated to invest in a more expensive version that I can't see.

BTW, changing screen resolution is not the answer. In the second place, it doesn't work.

I'd attach a screen print if I saw a way. Lacking that option, I'll try to replicate

Panda font: is about this size, compared to Normal web display font: this size. The Panda font is a tiny bit smaller than that. I'm writing this on a standard 1980 x 1080 display. On my Yoga, the small font would disappear completely.

My question: Is anything being done to address this dilemma? It's really awkward working with the magnifier!
Aceina

Re: Display microscopic on ultra HDMI display

Post by Aceina »

It could just be a weird issue between panda and your laptop (It's hard to find all the bugs).
I would try disabling high DPI scaling on the panda menu:
. open the panda menu
. right click on its logo in the task bar
. right click on the panda app name in that menu
. click properties
. switch to compatibility tab
. check the box on "Disable display scaling on high DPI settings"
. close the panda menu and reopen it.
If my instructions are unclear, just Google "disable high DPI settings" and it should have better instructions. If this doesn't work, you may be out of luck until Panda figures out how to fix this issue. Hope this helps!
Ritergeek

Post by Ritergeek »

Thanks for the suggestion. I tried that and it didn't do a thing. Guess that means Panda needs to fix it!
VirusBuster
Official moderator
Official moderator

Post by VirusBuster »

This is a known issue and its taken into account for future product versions
Check this thread, where it was firstly reported: http://support.pandasecurity.com/forum/ ... =79&t=3948
Regards,

Jorge Torre
TechSupport Department - Panda Security

I don't reply to private messages unless I have previously requested them
The Dahm

Post by The Dahm »

I'm really surprised this issue still hasn't been resolved. It seems like this problem was brought to attention over 6 months ago!

I recently downloaded Panda Security software because I just bought a Surface Book. But when I tried to use the app it was nearly illegible on my screen. It's display is just too small. I contacted microsoft support and they said this is a problem for high resolution screens and the issue was on the app developer side. They explained to me that when the app loads, Windows asks the app if it is High DPI aware and the app answers “yes” even though it should be "no". This is why you end up with an interface for ants. I love the app and have used it on my other desktop computers. The functionality is great and the interface is simple and easy to use when I can see it. I wanted to to renew this thread to make you guys aware this is still an issue. I'm using a Microsoft Surface Book, i7, Windows 10, with display settings on Default. Please update the app soon so I can start using it and won't be forced to switch to another antivirus software.

Thanks

grayden

Post by grayden »

Hi
I have the same problem having just got a surface pro 4. Tried support but they say adjust person preferences but that is no good. Come on Panda sort it out please.
Grayden
Tavy_Dog_Walker

Post by Tavy_Dog_Walker »

Same here. Just got a Surface Book i7 and had to use the accessibility magnifier to see what I was doing. Please sort this out as it is just not usable in its current form. I have been pleased with Panda on my other older laptops but this will be a deal breaker, probably before renewal is due.
grayden

Post by grayden »

yep i think i need to look elsewhere its just not usable. does Panda read these posts?
Nelebh

Post by Nelebh »

I'm having this problem as well, on my Surface Pro 3. My resolution is the default one at 2160 x 1440 pixels, and the Panda screen is tiny, tiny. The O.S. is Windows 10.

It's not different to what we have all seen before on the others screenshots, but here it's mine:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/denrwkrcxr1aw ... s.png?dl=0

I get that high DPI resolutions are a problem with the Windows platform nowadays, but come on, it can be fixed if there's a commitement to do it. And it should be a priority. Screens resolutions are only going high up, so this won't be solved all by itself on the future. And to further expand to what the The Damn said before:
The Dahm wrote: I contacted microsoft support and they said this is a problem for high resolution screens and the issue was on the app developer side. They explained to me that when the app loads, Windows asks the app if it is High DPI aware and the app answers “yes” even though it should be "no". This is why you end up with an interface for ants.
Exactly. In fact, there was a bunch of threads on the the Surface subreddit about this whole issue of apps saying Yes, I'm High DPI aware where a temporarily solution was given. This solution is in fact changing the yes to the proper no and letting Windows itself scale the app. This fix can be used and it's better than nothing, but it doesn't solve the problems. The UI can be scaled but be blurry for example. And be aware that you have to mess with the Windows Registry. That's why I'm opposed to do this: it's you taking the problems at hand and resolving them by yourself. And the users shouldn't have to do that, it's the developers who have to make the app work as it should and make it usable. But if any of you want to try this fix, with Panda or any other app, it's here:

http://www.danantonielli.com/adobe-app- ... plays-fix/

It's a pity because I was liking the product very much after being so many years with Avast! installed on all my computers. But it looks like I won't be switching to Panda after all. If something like this that is a huge user problem it's not fixed after being reported, I'm not interested in Panda anymore.
grayden

Post by grayden »

Still not fixed. Very poor support from such a large company.

Return to “Consumer Products Suggestions”