WinXP no longer supported by Panda!

If you have issues with Panda Protection Advanced or with Panda Protection Complete, check the Support articles http://www.pandasecurity.com/support/ or else, post your question here!
pandi-de

WinXP no longer supported by Panda!

Post by pandi-de »

EDIT:

Okay, I thought it was me, but after checking out another WinXP computer, it seems that Panda has decided to disable itself (stops working completely) in Windows XP without any warning.

It still works fine in my Win7 machines.

Completely unacceptable. Time to change programs, as it can happen on any version of Windows anytime.

--- original message below ----

Windows XP SP3 x86

"An error has occurred during the process, and it was not possible to complete the installation of Panda Protection."
PsNanoLog_AD.zip
install error log
(453.93 KiB) Downloaded 366 times
Thanks.

-------

I had Panda installed and running for months. I generally have AV auto-protect disabled, preferring to do manual scans on files.

A couple of days ago, (Windows') Explorer process crashed, and my taskbar disappeared. No problem. It happens from time to time. Killed all Explorer processes in Task Manager, then restarted Explorer.exe.

Everything seemed fine until I tried to do another manual scan. Panda would open, but it would show 0 files scanned.

Rebooted, then noticed that PandaAV did not start up as normal (no icon in systray).

I looked at Windows Services and one of them required two services was not started (even though it was set to start Automatically). I manually started the service and got an error. Windows stated that it started, but then shut down.

At that point, I uninstalled, rebooted, then tried to reinstall PandaAV again, and that's when I got errors. I've redownloaded the offline installer again, in case the original was corrupt, but it still won't install.
new_folder

Re: WinXP no longer supported by Panda!

Post by new_folder »

I have the same problem ....
Digital certificate has expired
If return time on the pc, the installation can be done .......
I want to hear expert opinion ...
signature.jpg
signature.jpg (34.22 KiB) Viewed 7294 times
biggsylofthouse

Post by biggsylofthouse »

Works fine on Windows 10 as well, if Panda have discontinued xp then a simple yes or no would be nice
Pepito

Post by Pepito »

three days without anti virus protection. I have win xp and I have subscrived annual assistance one month ago. I need an answer to work without problems. Thank you.
VirusBuster
Official moderator
Official moderator

Post by VirusBuster »

Regards,

Jorge Torre
TechSupport Department - Panda Security

I don't reply to private messages unless I have previously requested them

Return to “Panda Protection Products - Issues”