[CLOSED] Is RIPE Network Coordination Ctr associated with viruses or hijacking accounts?

Container for RESOLVED incidents, queries SOLVED by the experts, EXPIRED topics or those that have been CLOSED by the users.
malica98

[CLOSED] Is RIPE Network Coordination Ctr associated with viruses or hijacking accounts?

Post by malica98 »

I am having problems connecting to my bank sites and I am wondering if there is a security related issue. I went to trace route the domain using my computer and RIPE Network Coordination Center comes up. It actually comes up on any domain I access, but for the banking ones I don't seem to let me access the sites very easily or not at all. I did look up RIPE and there is concern albeit outdated that they do hijack accounts, spam, etc. Although there is a statement on their site that they do not do anything that is not legit. I have run Panda, but it didn't catch anything. I also used Spybot and there was some adware issues. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
rmadzharov

Re: Is RIPE Network Coordination Ctr associated with viruses or hijacking accounts?

Post by rmadzharov »

Hello,

Thank you for your post.

Based on the information you so kindly provided, it seems that the tracert does not complete. RIPE is a legit IP authority so no concern there.

What I suggest your do, to check whether you have been blacklisted or something, is to lookup the IP of your bank's domain name and do a tracert to the IP rather than the domain name.

Also, you should try another browser.

What communication troubles are you experiencing, btw? e.g. the website does not load or ?

Let us know.

Thank you.

Best regards,
Radko
The postings on this site are solely my own and do not represent or constitute Panda Security's positions, views, strategies or opinions.
VirusBuster
Official moderator
Official moderator

Re: Is RIPE Network Coordination Ctr associated with viruses or hijacking accounts?

Post by VirusBuster »

Closed due to lack of response
TOPIC CLOSED
Regards,

Jorge Torre
TechSupport Department - Panda Security

I don't reply to private messages unless I have previously requested them

Return to “Virus - Archive Issues”