How to restore Quarantined Files?

Find the answers to Adaptive Defense and Endpoint Protection queries in this forum. The experts will help you out!
manutd_167

How to restore Quarantined Files?

Post by manutd_167 »

hi,

my pc is using Panda Endpoint Protection Plus.

the problem is when i installed game (Fifa Online), the antivirus automatically quarantined the FO3launcher.exe right after i finished the installation.

how to fix this? help plz
USACorpSupport
Official moderator
Official moderator

Re: How to restore Quarantined Files?

Post by USACorpSupport »

Hi,

On your protection's web console. Go to to the "Quarantine" tab. You should be able to see the file there(you might need to hover mouse over detection to view full path), select the file and click restore, this will place the file on an excluded list.. Once the workstation synchronizes with the console it will restore the file. You can force a sync by right clicking on Panda icon an click sync. Keep in mind that if the .exe is modified, it might be detected as malware or virus.

If more assistance is needed please contact us.
n.fard

Post by n.fard »

Hi everyone,
I have a problem with panda antivirus, that was Quartet yesterday a DLL file but I know this file is not a virus, I wanted to restore but I can find the restore option, could you please help me. and I attached the screenshot for more Info( but the language in Germany). Thanks
Attachments
SnipImage.JPG
SnipImage.JPG (69.34 KiB) Viewed 12526 times
Darth Panda
Official moderator
Official moderator

Post by Darth Panda »

Hi, n.fard.

Endpoint Protection/Endpoint Protection Plus/Adaptive Defense 360 sends to quarantine suspicious or non-disinfectable items, as well as spyware and hacking tools detected.

Once suspicious items have been quarantined for analysis, there are three possible scenarios:

•Items are determined as malicious: They are disinfected and then restored to their original location, provided that a disinfection routine exists for them.

•Items are determined as malicious, but there is no disinfection routine: They are eliminated.

•It is established that the items in question are not malicious. They are directly restored to their original location.

Files in quarantine are analyzed to determine whether they represent a threat or not. If they do not represent a threat, you can restore them by using the Restore option in the Quarantine window. In the Web console main window (http://www.pandacloudsecurity.com), access your services and then click Quarantine. The window is divided into two sections: a search area and a section displaying the list of results.

Regards,
Technical support – Panda Security
www.pandasecurity.com

Return to “Adaptive Defense and Endpoint Protection - Issues”