New to Panda Dome Advanced_Need help understanding alerts etc

Post your query about Panda Dome Essential, Panda Dome Complete, Panda Dome Advanced and Panda Dome Premium here!
Bjourne

New to Panda Dome Advanced_Need help understanding alerts etc

Post by Bjourne »

Hi,

I am new to Panda Dome Advanced 18.05.00. This may sound very very newbie but I really need some help so please pardon for the newbie questions. I am more adapt with Emsisoft but since I have a license I chose to see and check it out.

I need to understand what is the pop-up and why does Panda Dome blocks my connection to a site which uses a VPN. This is alerts of what? Firewall or Safe Browsing?

In "Firewall > Enable rules recommended by our lab", it is sometimes blank. See
before.png. I did a repair install and it now has data in it.

Is this the one that's causing the pop-ups and alerts for popups.png...?

It is also seen in the My Alerts. I need to use a browser VPN extension and I cannot connect to any when Panda Dome blocks it. How can I set it so PDA will not block that?

If I need to block applications inside a folder, say, 5 .exe files in a folder via the firewall from having outgoing connection, how can I make a rule for it?

Can it be

Name: all programs -- "C:\Program Files\EaseUS\*"
Deny outbound connections
Zones (check all)
Protocol: TCP/UDP
Local ports: All
Remote ports: All
Addresses: All

Please help. This may sound irregular to you gurus (may sound) but I am new to Panda so please bear with me as I try to understand Panda Dome Advanced 18.05.00

Also, can my old unused Panda Internet Security 2017 license be ued with PDA after this license expires?

Thanks for your patience and thanks in advance for hearing me out :)
Darth Panda
Official moderator
Official moderator

Re: New to Panda Dome Advanced_Need help understanding alerts etc

Post by Darth Panda »

Hi Bjourne,

The locks that are occurring are doing by the "Parental Control" protection.

Specifically because it's blocking the category "Anonymizers".

To stop blocking them you have to uncheck this category or include the affected domain in whitelist.

https://www.screencast.com/t/9npiRXv2jUV

On the other hand, we recommend you to blocking applications that you comment with the "Application Control" protection.

You must block each EXE independently.

https://www.screencast.com/t/LV6AA7OE

Finally, yes, you can use your Panda Internet Security's activation code for Panda Dome.

We hope we helped you.

Regards.
Technical support – Panda Security
www.pandasecurity.com
Bjourne

Post by Bjourne »

Sorry for late reply and thanks for support!

Any comments on the firewall rules? Are they correct? Feasible or un-needed?

I posted images of the "Enables rules recommended by our lab" but frankly I don't understand it... :( Or better yet what's the better rules to choose from there? There are I think 6 there what's better than the rest or how each of the Panda rules are they tailored for what user? Sorry.

Also, it sometimes shows that it's blank and I need to do a repair install to get the contents back in...is this phenomenon okay?

Also may I seek offline - standalone installer for version 2018.18.06.00 of,

Panda Dome Advanced
Panda Dome Premium

My internet is too slow to update at home thus I need to download the installer elsewhere and install manually.

Settings/Config can be saved and re-applied correct? How may I do this in Panda Dome Advanced Sir?

Thanks a many!
Darth Panda
Official moderator
Official moderator

Post by Darth Panda »

Hi,

I think you are having a misunderstanding.

The "name" in the firewall rule, is how you name that rule, it is not the program you deny, as you select the "all programs" option.

I recommend reading the program manual to established the correct settings

https://www.pandasecurity.com/bridge/?U ... NGUAGE=eng

The "Enables rules recommended by our lab" are the default settings we set in all our Firewall settings. You can add or remove those rules as you wish depending on your network.

I you delete those rules, to get them back you will have to restore the default settings. You can Import/Export the settings to avoid adding again all the rules if the antivirus is reinstalled.

Regarding the offline installer:
Panda Dome Advanced: http://acs.pandasoftware.com/Panda/PDA/190562/PDA.exe
Panda Dome Premium: http://acs.pandasoftware.com/Panda/PDP/190564/PDP.exe

Regards,
www.pandasecurity.com
Bjourne

Post by Bjourne »

Hi,

Thanks for the reply there. Yeah I got confused here but I managed the other day to correct them. It's all good now.

The phenomenon of the disappearing contents of the "Enables rules recommended by our lab" seems to be okay also now. I seem to have an issue with auto-updating a I am still with the old version. Does Panda Dome Advance auto-updates? Or will I need to use the offline installer and do an "install-over"..? Will my settings be applied automatically?

Or will it be better that I "export" it prior the "install-over" and then later "import" it.

The link to the program manual seems not to be working...

Thanks a lot for the help you share with us here ;)

Bjourne
Darth Panda
Official moderator
Official moderator

Post by Darth Panda »

Hi Bjourne,

If you uninstall the antivirus, unless you save firewall settings in a backup file, you will have to add the rules again.

In relation to the manual, you can access it from the antivirus itself with the Help option included in the program.

Regards,
www.pandasecurity.com
Bjourne

Post by Bjourne »

Hello Sir,

Thanks for the response and for your devoted guidance here. Yes Sir I will keep that in mind especially saving the rules so I will not have to enter them again.

Can rules be save, say, currently using Panda Dome Advanced but will use Panda Dome Essential in another partition, can I use or import just the AV rules (because Panda Dome Essential does not have firewall)?

How about from Panda Dome Advanced to Panda Dome Complete? and Panda Dome Advanced to Panda Dome Premium?

Best regards,

Bjourne
Darth Panda
Official moderator
Official moderator

Post by Darth Panda »

Hi Bjourne,

You can export only firewall rules, if the new antivirus version doesn't have firewall, you won't import firewall rules.

Regards

Darth
www.pandasecurity.com
Bjourne

Post by Bjourne »

Darth Panda wrote:Hi Bjourne,

You can export only firewall rules, if the new antivirus version doesn't have firewall, you won't import firewall rules.

Regards

Darth
Hi Sir,

Yeah I found that out the other day. I could not see how I can export rules for the AV :( Can exported firewall rules for Panda Dome Advanced be accommodated in Panda Dome Complete and Premium Sir...? Can they be imported to Panda Dome Complete and Premium..?

Many thanks!
Darth Panda
Official moderator
Official moderator

Post by Darth Panda »

Just one detail:
ON the firewall you only deny comunications outbound or inbound for the selected program.

If what you really want is to deny execution for this programs, you have to do it from the module APLICATION CONTROL
www.pandasecurity.com

Return to “Panda Dome - Issues”