Cannot move/remove file at once - under Panda protection

Post your query about Panda Dome Essential, Panda Dome Complete, Panda Dome Advanced and Panda Dome Premium here!
MacDknife

Cannot move/remove file at once - under Panda protection

Post by MacDknife »

Lately I've been getting "error" messages when attempting to remove or move a file. This happens intermittently. I get a choice of retrying or to cancel. I do not recall the message word for word right now, but along the words that the file is currently under Panda protection. Normally if I retry, the move /remove action continues, so I am not sure if this is a timing problem between Panda Dome and Windows 10. I have not had this isssue before. It has only begun to occur recently, so it must be an recent update that is causing it.

Please let me know if you need more info or printscreens.
:?:
Darth Panda
Official moderator
Official moderator

Re: Cannot move/remove file at once - under Panda protection

Post by Darth Panda »

Hi MacDknife,

Please, check if the file is not protected by the Application control protection.

https://www.screencast.com/t/1AOmZybL

Regards,
Technical support – Panda Security
www.pandasecurity.com
GoneToPlaid

Post by GoneToPlaid »

MacDknife wrote:Lately I've been getting "error" messages when attempting to remove or move a file. This happens intermittently. I get a choice of retrying or to cancel. I do not recall the message word for word right now, but along the words that the file is currently under Panda protection. Normally if I retry, the move /remove action continues, so I am not sure if this is a timing problem between Panda Dome and Windows 10. I have not had this isssue before. It has only begun to occur recently, so it must be an recent update that is causing it.

Please let me know if you need more info or printscreens.
:?:
This issue also occurs from time to time in older versions of Panda. Your guess is correct -- it is a timing issue. Were you trying to drag files to a new folder location? Alternatively, select all of the files which you want to move, then choose Cut, then click on the new folder location, and then click Paste. This should work nearly all of the time.
Darth Panda
Official moderator
Official moderator

Post by Darth Panda »

Also, you can check the version you are using for panda, and maybe install the latest. Very old panda versions will be faster on analysis
Technical support – Panda Security
www.pandasecurity.com

Return to “Panda Dome - Issues”