[SOLVED] Runtime error!

Container for RESOLVED incidents, queries SOLVED by the experts, EXPIRED topics or those that have been CLOSED by the users.
Gelgia

[SOLVED] Runtime error!

Post by Gelgia »

Hello panda people.

Whenever I start the computer I get an error message. This is what it says:
-----------------
Header: Microsoft Visual C++ Runtime Library

Runtime error!

Program: ...\Program\Panda Security\Panda Antivirus Pro 2012\TPSrv.exe

This application has requested the Runtime to terminate it in an unusual way. Please contact the application's support team.
-------------------

When I open Panda I see the antivirus is not turned on and I'm in "danger". The program suggests I restart the computer to remedy this, but when I do I get the same error again.

I have recently switched from Panda something 2010 to Panda Antivirus Pro 2012. This is the first time I have ever had a problem with anything. I have Windows XP on my computer. I don't know a lot about fixing things on computers so I need help to sort this out.

Thanks in advance,

Maria
PandaSupport1
Official moderator
Official moderator

Re: Runtime error!

Post by PandaSupport1 »

Find the solution HERE
Regards,

Alberto Domínguez
TechSupport Department - Panda Security

I don't reply to private messages unless I have previously requested them
Gelgia

Post by Gelgia »

I'm sorry but that link leads to a whole messageboard, not any specific post or specific solution. Which thread am I supposed to read? I have no interest browsing all threads on this forum, nor have I ever visited these forums before so I'm not sure what is a frequently asked question or not, and where to find the right answers. All I know is that when I searched for Runtime Error there were no matches.

Please be more specific if possible in your support.
PandaSupport1
Official moderator
Official moderator

Post by PandaSupport1 »

You can find the solution easily in the FAQ's -> HERE

If you are having a TPSRV errors, it's clear what threard you are looking for...
Regards,

Alberto Domínguez

Gelgia

Post by Gelgia »

HackerEtico wrote:If you are having a TPSRV errors, it's clear what threard you are looking for...
Thank you for specifying what type of error I had so I could find the correct thread. Like I wrote in my OP I was looking for the words "Runtime error" and had not at all connected this to the "Hotfixes - TPSRV.EXE and protections Errors" thread had you not told me above. In the end I did find the solution to my error.

Now a few suggestions for you Alberto:

1. Link to the correct thread, not a whole messageboard.
It might be obvious to you which thread is the correct one to choose, but the reason we are posting here is because we don't know and we want help.

2. Perhaps add some instructions, written in a "friendly customer-support" way. For example: Go to this thread. Click the link for your product and download and run the hotfix. Your problem should now be solved, but get back to us if it isn't!

3. Refrain from insulting customers by using nonchalant or arrogant tones. For example linking the same message board twice when I asked you to be more specific, and adding the ... to the end of your sentence as if I was stupid. I didn't know I was having a TPSRV error. Yes maybe I could have read the error text more closely and noticed those letters were the same as the ones in the program address in my Runtime Error. But I clearly hadn't. Your job, and what I assume you get paid for, is to help with a smile on your face. Not act as if the people asking are idiots.

I don't think I have ever encountered a more unprofessional customer support staff and I will gladly report your attitude to your superior.
PandaSupport1
Official moderator
Official moderator

Re: [SOLVED] Runtime error!

Post by PandaSupport1 »

Hi Gelgia,

I'm sorry if my response tone has seemed arrogant, it was not my intention.
I only wanted to be helpful and help you finding the solution for yourself.

Should you have any doubt, do not hesitate contacting us ;)
Regards,

Alberto Domínguez

VirusBuster
Official moderator
Official moderator

Post by VirusBuster »

ISSUE SOLVED
Regards,

Jorge Torre