Change Password

Find the answers to Adaptive Defense and Endpoint Protection queries in this forum. The experts will help you out!
robertd

Change Password

Post by robertd »

When I sign up or renew Panda Cloud, the password is emailed in plain text. Email shouldn't be considered secure. So I log in to try and change the password only to find out that the password for the default account cannot be changed. Clicking forgot password link says it will email another password so that won't help either plus it doesn't recognize my email address.

How do I change the Password for the default PCOP account? I'm very disappointed that a security company would send passwords via email and not let user's change them. What can I do?
robertd

Re: Change Password

Post by robertd »

I contacted support and they said the default password cannot be changed. This is very disappointing for a security vendor to send the password in email in plain text and have no way to change it. We have 120 licenses and I'll be looking to change vendors when it comes up for renewal. I also sent in the suggestion via the suggestion box in the console. Anyone else who wants to change the password should do the same.
robertd

Post by robertd »

Even worse, if you add a license or renew they resend your same password via email in plain text which you can't change.
EagleEye
Official moderator
Official moderator

Post by EagleEye »

Hi robertd,

First of all, our apologies for not having answered to you before.

At the present time, passwords are emailed in plain text and, as you point out, this may not be the best way to do it. Panda Security listens to all customers' needs and suggestions. That is why, being aware of the situation described and willing to improve more day by day, we can anticipate that an IDP is expected to be implemented in all Panda Corporate products by beginning of next year (2015).

The IDP technology will allow clients to create, modify and remove their own credentials, not being necessary to send them by email as they are created by the client.

We are really sorry to hear how disappointed you are but hope you keep trusting Panda Security products for protecting your network assets for many more years.

Thanks for your posts!
Best regards,
Support Forum Team
robertd

Post by robertd »

Thanks for the response. If this is resolved in the beginning of next year then that is acceptable. Can you tell me what you mean by IDP?
EagleEye
Official moderator
Official moderator

Post by EagleEye »

Hi robertd,

So far, there's not much information we can unveil but, basically, by IDP (or Identity Provider) we mean the technology that will allow our Panda corporate clients to create, modify and remove their own credentials, not being necessary to send them by email as the client himself will be able to create them.

Hope this brief explanation helps!

Thanks for your understanding!
Best regards,
Support Forum Team
robertd

Post by robertd »

Any update on this? It's almost time to renew again and I still can't change the password. We're probably going to start looking at alternatives which is unfortunate since PCOP is working fine.
EagleEye
Official moderator
Official moderator

Post by EagleEye »

Hi robertd,

This improvement is scheduled for PCOP 7.20 version which is expected to be released within a month time.

Should you require to have the user ID modified before that time, please send us a direct message and we'll contact you directly to apply the necessary changes.

Looking forward to hearing from you,
Best regards,
Support Forum Team
robertd

Post by robertd »

Thanks for the info. I have about 3 months left on my subscription so I will be looking for the update. Thanks
EagleEye
Official moderator
Official moderator

Post by EagleEye »

Excellent!
Best regards,
Support Forum Team

Return to “Adaptive Defense and Endpoint Protection - Issues”