Many issues this morning... please help

Find the answers to Adaptive Defense and Endpoint Protection queries in this forum. The experts will help you out!
ca3366

Re: Many issues this morning... please help

Post by ca3366 »

Hi All,

Tough afternoon and a loooong night will be here.

OK. We did the following on several PCs out of several thousands worldwide.

Step 1: Do the below
1. Reboot the machine into Safe Mode with Networking
2. Open Services
3. Stop the Panda Endpoint Protection service
4. Restart the machine into Normal Mode
5. If the machine successfully restarted, Go to step 10

If the machine does not restart into Normal Mode do the following:

6. Restart the machine into Safe Mode with Networking
7. Open the properties of the network interface card
8. Deselect the entry named Network Activity Hook Server LightWeight Filter Driver
9. Restart the machine into Normal mode

10. Open Services
11. Restart Panda Endpoint Protection service
12. Open a command prompt
13. Type in “sc stop psinaflt” without the quotation marks and hit Enter

If above is not working do the following:
Go into safe mode
Restore your PC on previous state - 1-2 days before
(only with restore, some PCs worked)

However, we still have many users that they restarted their PCs that is not fixed. There is only a black or blue screen.

Is there anybody that found any other work-around?

Also, what is going to happen with all these hours that all of our people is working and will work tonight? What is going to happen with all these people with Panda that are not working for the last 4-5 hours? Panda should have a very good explanation on all these problems/requests.

Keep us posted guys.

A.
bennyg

Post by bennyg »

Hammie2k wrote:Thanks for this afternoon Panda really enjoyed that!!!

We are just moving our clients away from Kaspersky to Panda at the moment so only our own site and one customer have been effected by this but it's caused chaos this afternoon.

My Client has had the main application server taken out by this (60 users who can't work) along with 6 desktops so far, we are still having issues with it nuking good files all the time so when is the "Update" supposed to be live?. Lucky for me the client has a decent backup of this and support from the application vendor.

Our own site has issues with 5 PC's, our help desk server has bought it so I am having to recover this from last nights Veeam backup, Exchange server is acting odd so I am not in a rush to re-boot this as emails are still working at least !

Some one at Panda needs to be fired for this mess, totally unacceptable for this to even happen given some form of testing should have been carried out.

Not a happy chap as things stand !!
Sounds like your having fun too Chris ;)
clut31

Post by clut31 »

Please panda team help us !

we have almost 300 licenses on 30 sites, a lot of computers are beginning to be affected, we need the solution!
Hammie2k

Post by Hammie2k »

bennyg wrote:
Hammie2k wrote:Thanks for this afternoon Panda really enjoyed that!!!

We are just moving our clients away from Kaspersky to Panda at the moment so only our own site and one customer have been effected by this but it's caused chaos this afternoon.

My Client has had the main application server taken out by this (60 users who can't work) along with 6 desktops so far, we are still having issues with it nuking good files all the time so when is the "Update" supposed to be live?. Lucky for me the client has a decent backup of this and support from the application vendor.

Our own site has issues with 5 PC's, our help desk server has bought it so I am having to recover this from last nights Veeam backup, Exchange server is acting odd so I am not in a rush to re-boot this as emails are still working at least !

Some one at Panda needs to be fired for this mess, totally unacceptable for this to even happen given some form of testing should have been carried out.

Not a happy chap as things stand !!
Sounds like your having fun too Chris ;)
Yeah need this afternoon like a hole in the head!
Pceylao

Post by Pceylao »

Waiting for updates on the issue....
CommIT

Post by CommIT »

Panda you should have sent out an email, a notice, text whatever it took to notify us of this issue. This is RIDICULOUS that we had to waste so much time and effort for something you KNEW was going ON!!

Now I'm looking at rebuilds on several computers. Lost time for me and my co-workers. Lost revenue. I was supposed to be with my wife at the hospital right now. This is bull ****.
badgerfruit

Post by badgerfruit »

Slightly O/T but "bennyg" and "Hammie2k" - sounds like some sort of Nevis reunion?!
Hammie2k

Post by Hammie2k »

badgerfruit wrote:Slightly O/T but "bennyg" and "Hammie2k" - sounds like some sort of Nevis reunion?!
I wondered if that was you Rich..

FYI to all still having issues:- Just had a call back from the support team, No resolution to the issue at present and the engineers are working through the night to resolve, Same rules stand as it is.. Disable ALL Panda services and DO NOT reboot anything.

They are going to call me again in the morning so I will update if nobody else has.
ukchris

Post by ukchris »

anyone know what the signature should be ?

I am looking at a long list of computers, some around lunchtime, others 30 mins ago...... some I can remote access, some I can't.

One of the machines I have connected is prompting for a reboot and was updated at 12:43pm UK time

It's PEP info is :

Protection Version 6.81.11
Agent Version 7.00.00

Is this correct or if it reboots will it be fooked like all the rest ?
bennyg

Post by bennyg »

badgerfruit wrote:Slightly O/T but "bennyg" and "Hammie2k" - sounds like some sort of Nevis reunion?!
I did have a slight feeling it would be you Peacock!

The fix posted earlier has got some up and running but corrupt programs etc. Hopefully update over night will fix things. PCs that haven't been rebooted are now fixed however by doing an update.

Return to “Adaptive Defense and Endpoint Protection - Issues”