Many issues this morning... please help

Find the answers to Adaptive Defense and Endpoint Protection queries in this forum. The experts will help you out!
CommIT

Re: Many issues this morning... please help

Post by CommIT »

PandaSupport1 wrote:
tkcrabtree77 wrote:I agree a more technical explanation where we can verify the fix has been applied before rebooting a machine is needed.
Could you check that the quarantine folder located at "C:\ProgramData\Panda Security\Panda Security Protection" is empty?
Some are empty, some are not. None have a newer sig than 9am. today.
PandaSupport1
Official moderator
Official moderator

Post by PandaSupport1 »

CommIT wrote:
PandaSupport1 wrote:
tkcrabtree77 wrote:I agree a more technical explanation where we can verify the fix has been applied before rebooting a machine is needed.
Could you check that the quarantine folder located at "C:\ProgramData\Panda Security\Panda Security Protection" is empty?
Some are empty, some are not. None have a newer sig than 9am. today.
For the machines where the folder is empty, we can say that the issue is fixed.
For the rest of the Pc's, you should wait for the manual solution which we are developing right now.
Regards,

Alberto Domínguez
TechSupport Department - Panda Security

I don't reply to private messages unless I have previously requested them
CommIT

Post by CommIT »

greenfielddave wrote:I've managed to rescue quite a few windows 7 pc's today that had been restarted by using windows system restore.

<snip>
I was waiting for the official fix since doing restores today led to Panda "fixing" them again. That's why I was freaking out a bit. Working computer slowly devolving to brick again made me think there was some horrible new virus loose in my network.
Abadddon

Post by Abadddon »

I FOUND THE SOLOUTION.

My computer encountered many dll error and could not open any programs, so a dll file fixer i had fixed it
greenfielddave

Post by greenfielddave »

CommIT wrote:
greenfielddave wrote:I've managed to rescue quite a few windows 7 pc's today that had been restarted by using windows system restore.

<snip>
I was waiting for the official fix since doing restores today led to Panda "fixing" them again. That's why I was freaking out a bit. Working computer slowly devolving to brick again made me think there was some horrible new virus loose in my network.

Know what you mean. Its also Windows Updates installing today which added to the mess.
Nobody666

Post by Nobody666 »

Is already a solution when the Screen is black?
Tried the solution to start in save mode and deactivate Panda Services, but still it not works.
sabap

Post by sabap »

For the rest of the Pc's, you should wait for the manual solution which we are developing right now.

Can you give us some kind of time frame? I have been refreshing that support page all day. It is late and past time to go home. If it's going to be 2 or 3 more hours, I will deal with this in the morning. However, if you are within an hour of having it complete, then I can stay and knock it out and not have to fight with it tomorrow. At least give us that.
btallison

Post by btallison »

I am in the same boat as everyone else. I have PC's that when you log in they just have a blue or black screen. If I boot into safe mode and turn the panda services to disabled or delayed startup I can log into Infected PC. Still can not access all programs with out reinstalling them.. Just figured I would share..
clut31

Post by clut31 »

I have a server that has files in the quarantine folder.
Some files seem to have disappeared but not all.

Does it make sense to restart or should i wait for the fix?

thanks
PandaSupport1
Official moderator
Official moderator

Post by PandaSupport1 »

sabap wrote:

Can you give us some kind of time frame? I have been refreshing that support page all day. It is late and past time to go home. If it's going to be 2 or 3 more hours, I will deal with this in the morning. However, if you are within an hour of having it complete, then I can stay and knock it out and not have to fight with it tomorrow. At least give us that.
We are doing our best to get this solution ready ASAP. We can not define how long it will take...
Regards,

Alberto Domínguez
TechSupport Department - Panda Security

I don't reply to private messages unless I have previously requested them

Return to “Adaptive Defense and Endpoint Protection - Issues”