Many issues this morning... please help

Find the answers to Adaptive Defense and Endpoint Protection queries in this forum. The experts will help you out!
xlrint
Registered user
Registered user
Posts: 3
Joined: Thu, 12 Mar 2015, 16:47

Re: Many issues this morning... please help

Post by xlrint » Thu, 12 Mar 2015, 18:26

PandaSupport1 wrote:
xlrint wrote:
PandaSupport1 wrote:Most of our machines are successfully repaired. However, we have one that we partially removed Panda from yesterday and when we did, we lost network connectivity. Connectivity works in Safe Mode, but not in normal mode. I was able to partially reinstall Panda but it can't complete the process because it needs an active internet connection. At this point, my only option is to wipe the machine unless there is a fully manual method of installing both the Agent and Protection without needing an internet connection. Essentially, the machine is hosed because I attempted to manually remove the software before I became aware of the mess that was created by the false positives.

Any help would be much appreciated.
Maybe you could try restoring the system to a previous date.... :-(
Already tried that, it didn't work. I used one of your tools to remove the software, but it left it where it can't get internet access. Somebody there is bound to know what the software does to the network stack that would cause this problem. It feels like you are basically saying reinstall the OS...

blacksnow
Registered user
Registered user
Posts: 3
Joined: Thu, 12 Mar 2015, 18:33

Re: Many issues this morning... please help

Post by blacksnow » Thu, 12 Mar 2015, 18:42

Hello there,

After going through the procedure described in scenario 3 in the other thread, some things seem to be working again. Just some, though.

- quarantine folder appears to be empty

- some applications are to be started again (e.g. Firefox)

- others are not, due to the fact that its .exe is still missing or comctl32.dll is missing (even though it exists in both the system32 folder as well as syswow64 folder!)

- windows installer and windows modules installer do not work at all

- panda security can not be started either


So, to me this looks like we had to re-setup this server, which would be some kind of a catastrophe, due to the fact that this is our primary domain controller (2008 R2), unless you are still working on this and we can still hope for a solution.

Can you tell what's the state right now?

User avatar
PandaSupport1
Official moderator
Official moderator
Posts: 517
Joined: Mon, 02 Apr 2012, 18:34
Location: PSI Headquarters

Re: Many issues this morning... please help

Post by PandaSupport1 » Thu, 12 Mar 2015, 18:50

blacksnow wrote:Hello there,

After going through the procedure described in scenario 3 in the other thread, some things seem to be working again. Just some, though.

- quarantine folder appears to be empty

- some applications are to be started again (e.g. Firefox)

- others are not, due to the fact that its .exe is still missing or comctl32.dll is missing (even though it exists in both the system32 folder as well as syswow64 folder!)

- windows installer and windows modules installer do not work at all

- panda security can not be started either


So, to me this looks like we had to re-setup this server, which would be some kind of a catastrophe, due to the fact that this is our primary domain controller (2008 R2), unless you are still working on this and we can still hope for a solution.

Can you tell what's the state right now?
We have collected some files (thanks to ivan.ortiz) and we are developing a solution for the Comctl32.dll missing issue.
We will keep you updated. Sorry for the inconveniences.
Regards,

Image
Alberto Domínguez
TechSupport Department - Panda Security

I don't reply to private messages unless I have previously requested them

blacksnow
Registered user
Registered user
Posts: 3
Joined: Thu, 12 Mar 2015, 18:33

Re: Many issues this morning... please help

Post by blacksnow » Thu, 12 Mar 2015, 19:01

Thanks for the feedback.

Is there a chance that the WMI and Windows Installer will work again after your next patch/fix?

Does anyone even have these side-issues?

BR
Sebastian

informaticaCHJ
Registered user
Registered user
Posts: 3
Joined: Thu, 12 Mar 2015, 19:29

Re: Many issues this morning... please help

Post by informaticaCHJ » Thu, 12 Mar 2015, 19:33

Will you publish the updates about this COMCTL32.DLL problem to all Panda clients in the same link as this morning?
PandaSupport1 wrote:
blacksnow wrote:Hello there,

After going through the procedure described in scenario 3 in the other thread, some things seem to be working again. Just some, though.

- quarantine folder appears to be empty

- some applications are to be started again (e.g. Firefox)

- others are not, due to the fact that its .exe is still missing or comctl32.dll is missing (even though it exists in both the system32 folder as well as syswow64 folder!)

- windows installer and windows modules installer do not work at all

- panda security can not be started either


So, to me this looks like we had to re-setup this server, which would be some kind of a catastrophe, due to the fact that this is our primary domain controller (2008 R2), unless you are still working on this and we can still hope for a solution.

Can you tell what's the state right now?
We have collected some files (thanks to ivan.ortiz) and we are developing a solution for the Comctl32.dll missing issue.
We will keep you updated. Sorry for the inconveniences.

User avatar
PandaSupport1
Official moderator
Official moderator
Posts: 517
Joined: Mon, 02 Apr 2012, 18:34
Location: PSI Headquarters

Re: Many issues this morning... please help

Post by PandaSupport1 » Thu, 12 Mar 2015, 19:35

informaticaCHJ wrote:Will you publish the updates about this COMCTL32.DLL problem to all Panda clients in the same link as this morning?
PandaSupport1 wrote:
blacksnow wrote:Hello there,

After going through the procedure described in scenario 3 in the other thread, some things seem to be working again. Just some, though.

- quarantine folder appears to be empty

- some applications are to be started again (e.g. Firefox)

- others are not, due to the fact that its .exe is still missing or comctl32.dll is missing (even though it exists in both the system32 folder as well as syswow64 folder!)

- windows installer and windows modules installer do not work at all

- panda security can not be started either


So, to me this looks like we had to re-setup this server, which would be some kind of a catastrophe, due to the fact that this is our primary domain controller (2008 R2), unless you are still working on this and we can still hope for a solution.

Can you tell what's the state right now?
We have collected some files (thanks to ivan.ortiz) and we are developing a solution for the Comctl32.dll missing issue.
We will keep you updated. Sorry for the inconveniences.
Yes, we will update the forums, the website, twitter, ...
Regards,

Image
Alberto Domínguez
TechSupport Department - Panda Security

I don't reply to private messages unless I have previously requested them

CommIT
Registered user
Registered user
Posts: 8
Joined: Wed, 11 Mar 2015, 19:38

Re: Many issues this morning... please help

Post by CommIT » Thu, 12 Mar 2015, 19:52

PandaSupport1 wrote: Could you tell us if the quarantined file has a size of 0kb?
Yes they do.

User avatar
PandaSupport1
Official moderator
Official moderator
Posts: 517
Joined: Mon, 02 Apr 2012, 18:34
Location: PSI Headquarters

Re: Many issues this morning... please help

Post by PandaSupport1 » Thu, 12 Mar 2015, 20:04

CommIT wrote:
PandaSupport1 wrote: Could you tell us if the quarantined file has a size of 0kb?
Yes they do.
You can delete those files manually under SAFE MODE.
Regards,

Image
Alberto Domínguez
TechSupport Department - Panda Security

I don't reply to private messages unless I have previously requested them

JSA
Registered user
Registered user
Posts: 5
Joined: Thu, 12 Mar 2015, 10:13

Re: Many issues this morning... please help

Post by JSA » Thu, 12 Mar 2015, 20:09

Use the regsvr32 method didn't fix the mfc80u.dll missing, but this time (after have done the patch/fix) the restoration to a previous date was successfull.
Now it seems that the black wednesday (and tuesday ) is finished.

User avatar
PandaSupport1
Official moderator
Official moderator
Posts: 517
Joined: Mon, 02 Apr 2012, 18:34
Location: PSI Headquarters

Re: Many issues this morning... please help

Post by PandaSupport1 » Thu, 12 Mar 2015, 20:58

Hi,

For the comctl32.dll and other dll issues, we are working on a solution.

As a workaround, could you try restoring the operative systems to a previous points?
Sorry for the inconveniences.
Regards,

Image
Alberto Domínguez
TechSupport Department - Panda Security

I don't reply to private messages unless I have previously requested them

Post Reply

Return to “Adaptive Defense and Endpoint Protection - Issues”