problem with the signature file in PCOP and Retail 2015

Find the answers to Adaptive Defense and Endpoint Protection queries in this forum. The experts will help you out!
KDan

Re: problem with the signature file in PCOP and Retail 2015

Post by KDan »

Signature file: 3/11/2015 8:33:29 AM
Last connection: 3/11/2015 5:16:47 PM
Great...my PCs in PCOP still show a AM sig date for PCs that recently connected.
greenfielddave

Post by greenfielddave »

KDan wrote:
PCOP or the stand alone?
Standalone retail/oem
Regis_Bocage

Post by Regis_Bocage »

I just updated DLL and 9 more quarantined !!!!
Where can I see the version of protection?
CommIT

Post by CommIT »

greenfielddave wrote:
My customer pc's in the UK have updated the with new sig. We ran the manual update from the settings page in Panda.

I looked but see no manual update under the settings tab of my PCOOPA.

Are you talking about the web site admin situated here; https://managedprotection.pandasecurity ... fault.aspx ?
PandaSupport1
Official moderator
Official moderator

Post by PandaSupport1 »

One important thing.

The available solution which restores the quarantined files, doesn't update the signature file in any case. That's the reason why you will not see the sig files updated.

The best way to confirm if this solution has been applied is checking if the "C:\ProgramData\Panda Security\Panda Security Protection\Quarantine" is empty. If it's not, you should wait for the manual tool which we are developing now.
Regards,

Alberto Domínguez
TechSupport Department - Panda Security

I don't reply to private messages unless I have previously requested them
greenfielddave

Post by greenfielddave »

CommIT wrote:
greenfielddave wrote:
My customer pc's in the UK have updated the with new sig. We ran the manual update from the settings page in Panda.

I looked but see no manual update under the settings tab of my PCOOPA.

Are you talking about the web site admin situated here; https://managedprotection.pandasecurity ... fault.aspx ?
No its the retail version I've been fixing today. These have definitely updated the sig. Not sure why Panda hasn't updated the PCOP sig.
RIHTT

Post by RIHTT »

Hoping for some real solution now!? Or update Panda team.

I only have 1 case of crashed-windows so far.

The rest of my 15 + clients I manually remote connect and paused/shut antivirus off from the taskbar
(win7 clients)
just in case...but I dont know how your´re software is designed.
Will it roll out this fix automaticly.. or are those ticking bombs just waiting for more signature-messups.

What shall I do ?
Active them or wait?
Uninstall and put whatever-antivirus meantime (or forever...) ?
nyteshade_xt

Post by nyteshade_xt »

I can't believe there's not a fix for this yet. I've had to miss work today due to this error. I'm pretty sure Panda is not going to reimburse me for 8 hours of work lost or any of the other people who are being affected by this issue for their time... It's in excusable that this happened and has yet to be fixed for ALL affected users.
KDan

Post by KDan »

PandaSupport1 wrote:One important thing.

The available solution which restores the quarantined files, doesn't update the signature file in any case. That's the reason why you will not see the sig files updated.

The best way to confirm if this solution has been applied is checking if the "C:\ProgramData\Panda Security\Panda Security Protection\Quarantine" is empty. If it's not, you should wait for the manual tool which we are developing now.
Do the client PCs need both update and upgrade enabled or is just update ok?
rharrison1971

Post by rharrison1971 »

Well what a fast. Panda have released an untested update and broke thousands of PC's. Basically their signature file removed hundreds of system DLL's out of out system and has destroyed 100 of our 200 computers all of which have had to be rebuilt. Needless to say there has been bugger all communication from them and after 6:30 pm tonight nobody was in the the office in the UK to answer the phone. I have had my team working all night to rectify the problems they have caused and I feel sorry for anyone else in this situation. Panda this is a perfect example of how to screw something up and have no disaster recovery plans in place. Sporadic and irregular communication with clients. Buggering off and leaving your customers to fend for themselves. I want my 7 grand back ASAP we are only into week 2 of a 2 year contract for 250 machines!

Return to “Adaptive Defense and Endpoint Protection - Issues”