problem with the signature file in PCOP and Retail 2015

Find the answers to Adaptive Defense and Endpoint Protection queries in this forum. The experts will help you out!
VirusBuster
Official moderator
Official moderator

Re: Information regarding false positive with PCOP and Retail 2015

Post by VirusBuster »

PiLoT330 wrote:Our machines boot and have files in quarantine folder.
What to do?
Should we enable the services again?
Should we enable the updates on mop.pandasecurity again ?
We are working on a automated tool to recover the elements from quarantine
Don't enable the services yet, but you can enable the updates again as the wrong sinature file has been unpublished

This information will be constantly updated in the following link:
http://www.pandasecurity.com/usa/enterp ... ?id=100045
Regards,

Jorge Torre
TechSupport Department - Panda Security

I don't reply to private messages unless I have previously requested them
Emmes

Post by Emmes »

Emmes wrote:My wife rebooted her machine, and Panda Antivirus is not running anymore, because it deleted many of its own files! How can Panda restore anything from quarantine then?
These files should be taken out from the quarantine in the next few hours and everything should go back to normal

How should that work? Panda Antivirus does not start anymore!

I checked against another installation, there are 14 dll-files missing.

What can I do, if the files don't come out of the quarantine anymore? The machine does not work any more! We can't copy with the explorer, new USB-devices are not recognized, there is no access to our home network, where the backups are.

Worst thing: Even if it will all be safe again: I have no trust in this software anymore, at all!

I want a full explanation or a full refund!
mb_hb

Post by mb_hb »

Hello,

I have a MS Server 2003. It reebooted automatically after a blue screen (I don't know the reason ant the moment). The reboot of the system worked. I can access my database enad the exchange server via the network clients. But I can't access the Windows console. When I try to log in as administrator it seems to work. After a few seconds must log in again.

Same problem with a client PC!

What can I do? Is the only possability restart in safe mode an deinstall Panda?
Emmes

Post by Emmes »

mb_hb wrote:What can I do? Is the only possability restart in safe mode an deinstall Panda?

Do NOT deinstall!!! The quarantine data might get lost! :o

On my wife's computer, 14 DLLs from Panda itself were quarantined. I replaced them in safe mode, because the support is not fast enough...

Everything is up and running again, but I don't trust this program anymore, unless we get full information what had happened here!

I cannot recommend to use this software at the moment! I am deeply disappointed and unsatisfied.
Pedro Maia

Post by Pedro Maia »

Hello,
Same problem here.
notebook running windows 7. happened while i was programming an industrial machine at a customer site.
It goes without saying the problem it caused me and that the DO NOT RESTART YOUR MACHINE advise came way too late.

As i couldn't leave the customer production stopped, i rebooted in safe mode, restored my machine to my last safe point 5.03.2015.
It was after that that i found it was panda that was erasing all of my files. I managed to restore my quarantined files over 397 doing them one by one (except for 3 of them that were not on the list but still on the quarantine files counter).
Not sure it was a virus or what, i un-installed panda (using the 2 uninstall.exe and generic_unistall.exe files ) and installed an free antivirus on the run.
The only application that seemed not to work is firefox, and after reinstallation it seems to work again.

Luckily there weren't any production costs involved but because i restored my system I'm not sure all my files are ok.

What should i do now? Is it safe to un-install the free anti virus and install panda again?

PS: You should implement an option "Ask before install automatic updates"...(if it exists i didn't found it)
Emmes

Post by Emmes »

VirusBuster wrote: We are working on a automated tool to recover the elements from quarantine
Don't enable the services yet, but you can enable the updates again as the wrong sinature file has been unpublished

This information will be constantly updated in the following link:
http://www.pandasecurity.com/usa/enterp ... ?id=100045
I checked my wife's PC against my computer and found that there were 14 dll-files missing in the folder "Panda Security Protection". I replaced them in safe mode with "my" files, restarted the PC, and it's running again. :geek:

One other file from "Panda Devices Agent" folder was in quarantine. But now I'm more afraid of AntiVirus than of a Virus!
kgerry

Post by kgerry »

Well,

I need some help.
So, I deleted all files (libraries) in Program Files\Panda ...
I deleted the registry dates (in regedit)
I stopped Panda Antivir in automatic starting (msconfig).

But i dont uninstall the Panda Devices Agent ... (how can i do this problem solve?)

And the laptop is not working normally.
Help me, because there are lots of machines with Panda Antivir failure ...
Emmes

Post by Emmes »

Pedro Maia wrote:PS: You should implement an option "Ask before install automatic updates"...(if it exists i didn't found it)
See, that's the problem. Panda loads the signature files via internet. And they are needed for a correct function of the program. When the signatures are missing, you are in trouble. When they are incorrect, you are in even bigger trouble!

Design flaw ... or design error?
gform

Post by gform »

VirusBuster wrote:
nyteshade_xt wrote:So how are the files going to get out of quarantine if Panda isn't running? It wants the missing files to run on my PC.
If you uninstalled the antivirus, we wil need the quarantine folder content to be sent to us so that we can manually restore the files
Where can we send it?
RIHTT

Re: problem with the signature file in PCOP and Retail 2015

Post by RIHTT »

Hello!

My computer was running slow and with lots of errors, after reboot windows cant load anything except:

"system error - LogonUI.exe - cant find COMCTL32.DLL"

I Tried:
-safe start-
-safe start network-
-safe start command prompt-
-last known configuration-

everything ends up with the same error! So I wonder, could someone point out the syntax and paths to the files concerned?

-IF Panda has captured important files, for instance this .DLL file... and puts it into quarantine.
How to resolve this?

-My only chance is to somehow run a livedisk, target the c:volume and browse for the files.
And then what ? Try to copy-paste specific files from a administrator-command prompt will it work?

Where to find the reference (like SFC compare sysfiles to a out-of-box image backup...)

Return to “Adaptive Defense and Endpoint Protection - Issues”