Panda doesn't uninstall properly

Find the answers to Adaptive Defense and Endpoint Protection queries in this forum. The experts will help you out!
robertd

Panda doesn't uninstall properly

Post by robertd »

We have users on various AV products including Panda Adaptive Defense 360. Sometimes we switch between them. When we try to install another AV product, it ends in error.

Property(S): Incompatible_Competitor_Name = Panda Endpoint Protection 6.0.12 X64
MSI (s) (18:80) [12:56:08:630]: Product -- Installation failed.

However, if we use the Panda removal tool after that, then the problem goes away.

So basically, the normal uninstall isn't removing everything. Why not?
USACorpSupport
Official moderator
Official moderator

Re: Panda doesn't uninstall properly

Post by USACorpSupport »

Hi robertd, the normal process through programs and features requires a restart after uninstalling the agent and protection. There should not be any issues unless the protection is broken for some reason. When using the removal tool, it forces removal of any damaged file and it also forces 2 restarts.
robertd

Post by robertd »

Hello, Thanks for the quick reply.

The first time I used the Panda Distribution tool to uninstall the product. It seemed to work as both Panda entries were gone from the uninstall programs list on Windows 10. I did reboot but still, the competing product wouldn't install until I ran the Panda removal tool and rebooted twice like you mentioned.

Now I just did the test again but this time, I manually uninstalled each entry from the programs list, rebooted, and then the competing product installed fine.

Is there an issue with the distribution tool? I have version 7.50.00.0000 Thanks
USACorpSupport
Official moderator
Official moderator

Post by USACorpSupport »

Whe using the distribution tool there can be several variables that can affect the uninstall process, like user rights, firewall settings, GPs, etc.. You can use the option of creating an uninstall job from your Web Console. I have not revceived any issues with that method and have used it on my own systems with no issues. Jut go to installation TAB, click on "Uninstallation" on the left pane. Now click on Remote uninstallation, this will show the option to choose "Remote". Create a new uninstallation. There you will have the different options and workstations to uninstall. Once the job is created and the selected workstations synchronize with the Web Console, the protection will be uninstalled completely.

I will verify if there had been any new options on the distribution tool. If you need more assistance you can contact us through your web console click on "other services" TAB and you will find the contact information.

thank you.
robertd

Post by robertd »

I will try the remote uninstall job from the console next time. I do know that the last two times I tried to use the Distribution tool, I had this issue so you may want to look into it. It did say Completed successfully. Perhaps it doesn't remove AD360 properly? Thanks
robertd

Post by robertd »

Uninstall in the console isn't working either. Only 7 computers show up as available for uninstall and we have 130 installed. Searching for the computer name yields no results. What's going on?

Return to “Adaptive Defense and Endpoint Protection - Issues”