Visual Studio 2015 blocked by Panda Adaptive Defense 360

Find the answers to Adaptive Defense and Endpoint Protection queries in this forum. The experts will help you out!
donaldc

Visual Studio 2015 blocked by Panda Adaptive Defense 360

Post by donaldc »

I am running Visual Studio 2015 and SQL Server Management Studio 17.7 on my laptop (Windows 10 Build 1803) with Panda Adaptive Defense 360 installed. However, when I attempt to open either application, compile, script or deploy code, Panda aggressively scans every file associated with the development projects on which I am working and consumes 100% of available IO resource. Effectively, my laptop is locked and incapable of being used for productive work.

Explicit exclusions have been implemented but this has had no effect in resolving the problem.

My laptop is a Dell XPS 15 with quad-core i7, 16GB RAM and a Samsung Nvme flash drive. It should not take 15 minutes to open Visual Studio.

I would be grateful for any advice or even sympathy :-)

The current version of Panda on my laptop is 7.90.01.

Thank you,

donaldc
Darth Panda
Official moderator
Official moderator

Re: Visual Studio 2015 blocked by Panda Adaptive Defense 360

Post by Darth Panda »

Hi,

Could you send me a private message with your client number?

Regards

Darth
Technical support – Panda Security
www.pandasecurity.com
donaldc

Post by donaldc »

Just an update for those still interested in this issue: a support ticket has been raised with Panda and the following remedial steps have been attempted by Panda technical assistance:
  • 1. Configure exclusions
    2. Uninstall Panda Adaptive Defense, reboot PC and re-install Panda
    3. Uninstall Panda Adaptive Defense using custom Panda tools to remove complete Panda footprint
    4. Reinstallation of Panda Adaptive Defense
I am grateful for the time Panda technical support has dedicated to this issue but none of the remedial steps attempted has been successful; the original problem persists and my laptop is unusable for development purposes while the Panda Cloud Office Protection Service is running. Panda technical support continue to investigate the issue but so far without a resolution.

I am reluctant to recommend Panda as an AV solution while the problem is unresolved.

Donaldc
Darth Panda
Official moderator
Official moderator

Post by Darth Panda »

Dear Donaldc

we have not received the info you say its been sent. nor we do have notification for an open ticket on this issue.

If you are so kind to send us the ticket number, we will check if the info is correct.

Regards,

David
www.pandasecurity.com
donaldc

Post by donaldc »

Just an update - it's now 1st October and we have had no further contact from Panda since 21st June. The problem remains unresolved. I find it hard to recommend Panda as a corporate malware solution on the basis of my experience with this issue.

Regards,

Donaldc
Darth Panda
Official moderator
Official moderator

Post by Darth Panda »

good morning,

we do not have notification for an open ticket on this issue.

If you are so kind to send us the ticket number, we will check what is happening

regards
www.pandasecurity.com

Return to “Adaptive Defense and Endpoint Protection - Issues”