DCOM was unable to communicate with destination server due to blocking Panda Adaptive Firewall

Find the answers to Adaptive Defense and Endpoint Protection queries in this forum. The experts will help you out!
lawaaron2003

DCOM was unable to communicate with destination server due to blocking Panda Adaptive Firewall

Post by lawaaron2003 »

Dear Panda Expert.

Greetings, I would like to seek some advice on the following issue.
Lately, We have upgraded from Panda Endpoint to Panda Adaptive. On the same day. I noticed my HyperV Failover Manager unable to communicate with my Cluster node.

From my testing, i'm able to ping the physical server but not for the Cluster Node. From the Event Viewer, I spotted the following error message below.

Event ID: 10028
Error Message: DCOM was unable to communicate with the computer<hostname> using any of the configured protocol.

Workaround:
1. I did some read up and it giving me a clue that it might block by Firewall.
2. Immediately, From the Panda Adaptive client installed in the server, After i disable the Firwwall option. Once its off, it able communicated with the CLUSTER node server.

Question:
1. Instead of turn off the entire firewall settings, may i know which option or setting i can switch off?
Darth Panda
Official moderator
Official moderator

Re: DCOM was unable to communicate with destination server due to blocking Panda Adaptive Firewall

Post by Darth Panda »

Hi,

Could you send us your client number in a private message ?

Regards,

Darth Panda
Technical support – Panda Security
www.pandasecurity.com

Return to “Adaptive Defense and Endpoint Protection - Issues”